Kingfisher Airlines opts for Technopark based IBS’ Cargo SolutionAugust 13th, 2008 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 13 (IANS) Kingfisher Airlines, one of the country’s leading airlines, has successfully started using Technopark-headquartered IBS’s iCargoNet thereby getting IBS its first Indian customer. iCargoNet provides a unified, enterprise-wide solution to help manage the entire cargo business of the airline from planning, sales, operations, ground handling to cargo revenue accounting and revenue optimization functions in an integrated and cost-effective manner.
IBS hosts the iCargoNet solution from its own world class data centre here with the latest technology and support infrastructure that is managed by a 24X7 customer support centre and network managed services.
Commenting on the adoption of iCargonet, Rajesh Verma, executive vice president of the airline, said iCargoNet has been implemented as a unified software solution for seamlessly managing the cargo operations of Kingfisher Airlines.
“As India’s leading airline with an unmatched route network, it was imperative that our solutions provider offer us a robust and reliable solution that would give us that competitive edge and be scalable in line with our aggressive expansion plans,” said Verma.
Chairman & CEO of IBS Group V.K. Mathews said their vision for the air transportation industry is to provide new-generation solutions that will be viable and inevitable migration options from the legacy systems that have shackled them for the past few decades.
“With the successful deployment of iCargoNet, we can proudly claim to have fulfilled our vision by becoming a one-stop-shop for airline cargo solutions. We are extremely glad that Kingfisher Airlines has reposed trust in IBS and our solution,” he added.
IBS is a leading global provider of new-generation IT solutions to the travel, transportation and logistics industry. A specialist in the domain, IBS offers a range of products and services that manage mission-critical operations of major airlines, airports, oil and gas companies, seaports, cruise lines and tour operators world-wide.
- Tokyo airport uses Kerala IT firm solution for cargo operation - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi-based Aryan Cargo opts for IBS solution - Feb 02, 2010
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- Ireland's leading airline opts for Indian solution - Oct 10, 2011
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- JetBlue Airways adopts Kerala IT company's solution - Jun 21, 2010
- IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems - Nov 01, 2011
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- Kerala IT firm wins global air cargo award - Sep 06, 2012
- Kerala IT firm gets two more foreign airline clients - Apr 10, 2009
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Technopark IT firm wins 'excellence in Air Cargo' award - Mar 02, 2011
- Kerala firm's IT solution to power South African Airways - Feb 21, 2011
- Australian airline Qantas using Kerala IT firm's solution - Jun 10, 2010
- IBS to host global aviation conference in Dubai next week - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: 24x7 customer support, aggressive expansion plans, air transportation industry, airline cargo, cargo business, cargo operations, cargo revenue, cargo solution, customer support centre, icargonet, kingfisher airlines, leading airlines, leading global provider, migration options, new generation solutions, optimization functions, revenue accounting, revenue optimization, support infrastructure, unified software