Kingfisher Airlines leads in February market shareMarch 13th, 2009 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) Kingfisher Airlines has emerged as the dominant player for the second consecutive month in February flying 904,000 passengers, official data released here Friday showed.
Jet Airways, along with its low-cost airline JetLite, was next with 846,000 passengers, while state-run Air India (domestic) flew 574,000 passengers, the data released by the civil aviation ministry said.
Though Kingfisher maintained the lead role, its number of passengers came down by 15,000 last month from January.
However, Air India and Jet Airways carried 24,000 and 9,000 more passengers respectively in February.
Kingfisher had flown 11.26 million passengers and captured a 27.6 percent market share last year.
Jet Airways (including JetLite) enjoyed a market share of 25.4 percent and Air India (domestic) 17.2 percent last year.
Overall, the number of domestic air passengers fell to 3.32 million in January, compared to 3.33 million in the year-ago month, reflecting the cost-saving measures adopted by the corporate sector and individuals.
Low-cost carriers witnessed considerably lesser load - IndiGo 441,000, SpiceJet 413,000, and GoAir 84,000. These airlines had carried a load of 457,000, 393,000, and 81,000, respectively, in January.
Regional carrier Paramount flew 61,000 people, a drop by 10,000 passengers from January.
- Kingfisher Airlines leads in January market share - Feb 16, 2009
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline for sixth straight month - Apr 15, 2010
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- Jet offers competitive advance purchase fares - Mar 23, 2009
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline in February - Mar 15, 2010
- IndiGo becomes third largest domestic airline - Jan 18, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline fifth consecutive month (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- India's air traffic up 18.3 percent till October - Nov 22, 2010
- Domestic air passenger numbers drop 11.08 percent in Q2 - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: air india, air passengers, civil aviation ministry, corporate sector, dominant player, goair, indigo, jet airways, jetlite, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, lead role, low cost airline, low cost carriers, market share, New Delhi, paramount, regional carrier, second consecutive month, spicejet