Kingfisher Airlines launches flights from Chennai to TiruchirapalliApril 21st, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, Apr 21 (ANI/Business Wire India): Kingfisher Airlines today commenced operations in the historic city of Tiruchirapalli with the introduction of a daily direct flight from Chennai.
The first flight of Kingfisher Airlines IT2912 operating from Tiruchirapalli airport to Chennai was flagged off by Tiruchi Shiva, Member of Parliament (M.P.) who was present on the occasion as chief guest.
Commenting on the launch of flights to Tiruchirapalli, Dr. Vijay Mallya, Chairman and CEO, Kingfisher Airlines limited said: Kingfisher Airlines has redefined the whole experience of flying and has come to be regarded as an airline that sets new benchmarks in service excellence for the industry.
Through the launch of these new routes, Kingfisher Airlines reaffirms its commitment towards addressing the needs of its guests by providing connectivity between important business and leisure destinations in India. Besides corporate flyers, we expect our flights into and out of Tiruchirapalli to cater to tourists too especially since the city is a very popular destination with pilgrims from all faiths, he added.
Commenting on the launch of these new sectors Siva Ramachandran, Vice President global sales, Kingfisher Airlines limited said: The launch of flights to Tiruchirapalli will boost and improve connectivity to main cities like New Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad both for inbound and outbound traffic. Besides, our new flights will also cater to the feeder markets of Kumbakonam, Thanjavur, Karur, Shivaganga and the costal belt of Cuddalore and Nagapatinam.
The historical city of Tiruchirapalli is home to many historic temples, monuments, churches and mosques. Every year thousands of pilgrims and tourists throng to historic monuments and popular destinations in the outlying regions of Tiruchirapalli. Besides the leisure and pilgrim segments, our flights will also cater to the industrial houses based in this region and the business and trading community alike, he added.
The launch of services to Tiruchirapalli marks the launch of operations for Kingfisher Airlines in Tiruchirapalli. The flights on these new routes are being operated using brand new ATR aircraft featuring personalized in-flight entertainment on every seat, gourmet cuisine and world class service.
With the launch of these new services, Kingfisher Airlines now has 254 departures a day and flies to 40 destinations with a fleet of 42 brand new aircraft.
Kingfisher Airlines has recently been conferred the 5 - Star Airline Status, the most recognized and prestigious award that honours airline Product and Service Quality Excellence, by Skytrax, the worlds leading, independent travel forum and air travel information organization.
The Skytrax survey is an independent survey conducted without any influence or communication to the airlines and is recognized as one of the most reliable ranking systems for airlines across the world.
The survey is conducted amongst all certified airlines in the world irrespective of size or nationality and every airline is ranked on the basis of the delivered front-line Product and service quality - with star ranking levels representing international product and service standards. Star ratings reflect the reality of delivered product and service supplied to customers.
Ever since its launch in May 2005, Kingfisher Airlines has blazed a trail of innovations and introduced a range of market-firsts that have completely redefined the whole experience of flying. By elevating its customers to a level of being guests and not just passengers, Kingfisher Airlines has endeared itself to consumers. (ANI)
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Kingfisher starts three new flights to Colombo - Oct 07, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines launches nine new domestic flights - Jun 11, 2011
- Pact with Kingfisher sees Finnair's Asia traffic look up - Sep 12, 2011
- Kingfisher launches five domestic flights - Dec 27, 2010
- Qatar Airways declared official airline partner for Indian Business Leaders Summit and Golf Tourname - Oct 06, 2010
- Mallya gloats over Kingfisher getting best airline award - Sep 28, 2011
- Kingfisher, Finnair voted among best carriers - May 30, 2010
- Finnair serves seven more Indian cities in pact with Kingfisher - Aug 28, 2011
- Kingfisher starts Bangalore-Mysore service - Oct 01, 2010
- Finnair looking at Indian cities beyond New Delhi - Sep 09, 2010
- Airlines focus on package holiday trips to drive growth - Jun 27, 2011
- Four flights diverted from Delhi for technical reasons - Dec 23, 2011
- Finnair not averse to Kingfisher's direct flights to Helsinki - Sep 14, 2011
- SpiceJet to link Dubai with Mumbai, Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: chennai, chief guest, cuddalore, direct flight, dr vijay mallya, first flight, global sales, industrial houses, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, launch, leisure destinations, member of parliament, outbound traffic, outlying regions, ramachandran, service excellence, siva, thanjavur, tiruchirapalli