Kingfisher Airlines hikes faresApril 18th, 2009 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) Kingfisher Airlines Saturday raised fuel surcharges by up to Rs.300 following successive rises in jet fuel prices.
“Consequent upon successive increases in ATF (aviation turbine fuel) prices, from midnight today (Saturday), the fuel surcharges of Kingfisher Airlines stands increased by Rs.200 for sectors below 750 km and by Rs.300 for sectors above 750 km,” a company statement said.
The private carrier’s move comes after the state-run oil companies increased ATF prices three times in one-and-a-half months, following the rise in crude oil prices in the international market.
On April 15, the oil companies raised jet fuel prices by about 6.7 percent.
ATF now costs Rs.31,926 per kilolitre in Delhi.
Despite successive rises in ATF prices, the airlines, particularly the low-cost carriers, remained reluctant to raise fares, fearing a fall in passenger load.
“Full-service carriers were not raising fares, so we were hesitant to do so as we have to maintain some price differential,” a low-cost carrier official said.
However, with Kingfisher hiking the fares, other airlines are now expected to follow suit, officials said.
- Oil firms increase jet fuel price by 3.70 percent - Nov 30, 2011
- Government rolls out plan to help domestic airlines (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Jet fuel price cut by Rs.622 a kilolitre - Dec 31, 2011
- Hike in jet fuel price to jack up air fares: Patel - Jan 17, 2011
- SpiceJet raises fuel surcharge by Rs.400 - Jun 18, 2009
- Aviation stocks rally after direct jet fuel import allowed - Feb 07, 2012
- Airfare to rise along with fuel price, says Praful Patel - Jan 18, 2011
- Government approves direct jet fuel import, Air India debt plan (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Air India yet to decide on direct ATF import: Ajit Singh - Aug 28, 2012
- Jet fuel price hiked by 3.2 percent - Aug 16, 2012
- Jet, Kingfisher domestic fares up Rs.200 - Nov 06, 2009
- Air India, SpiceJet raise fuel surcharge by Rs.400 (Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- Jet fuel price hiked by 4.5 percent - Aug 01, 2012
- High taxes reason behind rising jet fuel: Ravi - Nov 30, 2011
- Jet fuel price cut by Rs.1,974 a kilolitre - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: atf, aviation, crude oil prices, differential, fuel surcharges, jet fuel prices, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, low cost carrier, low cost carriers, New Delhi, oil companies, private carrier, rs 200, sectors, three times, turbine fuel