Kingfisher Airlines gets 5-star rating from SkytraxMarch 5th, 2008 - 8:36 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) Private carrier Kingfisher Airlines has been given the prestigious “5-Star Airline Status” by Skytrax, the world’s leading independent travel forum and air travel information organisation. The UB Group-promoted Kingfisher Airlines is the only domestic carrier to get this ranking.
The other Indian airlines are Jet Airways and Air India, which have been given three star ratings by Skytrax.
The other airlines falling in the 5-star status category are Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways and Cathay Pacific Airways.
Commenting on the award, Kingfisher Airlines chairman and CEO Vijay Mallya said: “Being recognised by Skytrax is an honour and we would like to thank our valued guests who chose to fly Kingfisher Airlines.”
Skytrax is a Britain-based consultancy that conducts research and surveys for commercial airlines. It carries out international-traveller surveys among all certified airlines in the world irrespective of size or nationality.
The survey is rated with star ranking levels on the basis of best cabin staff, airport, airline, airline lounge, in-flight entertainment, on-board catering, and several other elements of air travel.
The findings of the survey concluded that Kingfisher was delivering the highest standards of customer service.
The Kingfisher-Deccan Group is India’s largest domestic airline group connecting 71 cities and offering over 540 flights daily with a modern fleet of 80 aircraft.
In August this year, Kingfisher plans to fly on international routes, starting with a Bangalore-San Francisco service.
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- Kingfisher, Finnair voted among best carriers - May 30, 2010
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Kingfisher to reconfigure aircraft - Oct 05, 2011
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Qatar Airways declared official airline partner for Indian Business Leaders Summit and Golf Tourname - Oct 06, 2010
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Kingfisher to join Oneworld alliance of global airlines - Feb 23, 2010
- Finnair adjudged best north European airline for third year - Jul 13, 2012
- South Korea's Asiana named World's Best Airline - May 21, 2010
- Star Alliance to decide Air India's induction date Sunday (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- Team India can fly for free on Kingfisher - Apr 05, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines no longer UB subsidiary - May 10, 2012
- Malaysia's AirAsia wins TTG best Asian low-cost carrier award - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: air india, airline group, cabin staff, cathay pacific, cathay pacific airways, commercial airlines, domestic airline, domestic carrier, indian airlines, information organisation, international traveller, kingfisher airlines, private carrier, qatar airways, singapore airlines, skytrax, star airline, status category, ub group, vijay mallya