‘Kidnap’ stars, cricketers walk the ramp for ProvogueOctober 2nd, 2008 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 2 (IANS) A range of corporate, party and casual wear and an array of accessories were on view as the star cast of the Bollywood movie “Kidnap” - Imran Khan, Minissha Lamba, Vidhya Malvade - joined cricketers Chetan Sharma, Craig McMillan, Rohan Gavaskar and Shane Bond to set the ramp ablaze for fashion brand Provogue’s autumn/winter collection.The evening also saw composer Sanjeev Vyas perform live the super hit track “Mit Jayee” from the movie at the Spice Cinema in this Delhi suburb Wednesday in what was a unique double: a fashion show and a movie promotion.
“This is a mélange of Bollywood and fashion like never before,” “Kidnap” director Sanjay Gadhvi said at the event.
The collection had a classy, sophisticated and smart “Regain Reclaim” men’s line that featured jackets, party wear, t-shirts, corporate wear, casual wear and inner wear in a variety of hues like grey, yellow, blue, white and black.
Apart from this, a wide variety of accessories like belts, wallets, eye wear and ties were also part of the collection.
For women, luxury, glamour and style were the key to the “Glam Hollywood” collection. The line had mini skirts, tunics, t-shirts, skinny jeans and long gowns in hues of purple, green and grey.
Talking about the cocktail of fashion and entertainment, Spice group and Spice Enfotainment B.K. Modi said: “Entertainment is one of the fastest growing areas of business and we are at the threshold of a new opportunity.”
“We plan to capitalise on every important emerging opportunity, leveraging resident knowledge in various sectors,” he added.
The Provogue brand was launched in 1998 since then has been in the business of designing, manufacturing and selling readymade garments for men and women, as also a range of accessories.
Bollywood stars Saif Ali Khan and Esha Deol are the brand ambassadors for the apparel, while model-turned actor Upen Patel performs the role for the accessories. Initially, actor Fardeen Khan and Katrina Kaif were its brand ambassadors.
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Hit Or Flop? No Problem - Dec 11, 2010
- Provogue launches the Wake Up Sid T Shirt Collection with panache and style - Sep 30, 2009
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- From Hollywood to Bollywood, tribal fashion gets modern makeover - Aug 19, 2012
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- 'Chaar Din Ki Chandni' merchandise on sale - Mar 15, 2012
- Stewart loves casual dressing - Nov 08, 2011
- Myntra ventures into Bollywood, joins hands with 'Cocktail' - Jul 08, 2012
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012