‘Khushboo Gujarat Ki’ aboard Metro’s Airport ExpressMarch 7th, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) The Gujarat Tourism Board has branded the Metro’s Airport Express service a part of the ‘Khushboo Gujarat Ki’ tourism promotion campaign that features Amitabh Bachchan.
The move is in collaboration with the Airport Express operator, Reliance. For three months, the train will highlight the tourist attractions of to the state.
Speaking Wednesday at the flag-off of the redecorated train, Vipul Mittra, Gujarat government’s principal secretary for tourism, said: “The campaign showcases Gujarat’s unique tourist attractions such as Gir’s lions, white deserts of Kutch and the longest coastline among Indian states.”
Mittra said that Bachchan was to flag-off the train but this was called off as he is recuperating in Mumbai after two abdominal surgeries.
“According to (travel magazine) Lonely Planet, Gujarat is one of the top unsung tourist destinations of the world. We have creatively decorated the train with promotional posters depicting all the wonders of the state,” he added.
The train carries stills of Bachchan in Gir, Somnath, Rann of Kutch and other destinations portrayed in the campaign.
Stating that the Gujarat tourism industry was growing at double the national rate, Mittra claimed that the campaign was hugely successful at bringing Gujarat to the forefront of tourism in India and was emerging as an exciting tourist destination.
- Helicopter services for tourists during Gujarat's Rann Utsav - Dec 20, 2010
- Kerala, Gujarat tourism promos target different segments: Piyush Pandey - Oct 09, 2010
- Amitabh's endorsement lures tourists to Gujarat's Gir Wildlife Sanctuary - Nov 12, 2010
- Gujarat eyeing 25 percent hike in tourist inflow - Jul 14, 2012
- Big B set for Gujarat promotional ad - Jan 22, 2012
- Bachchan to lure tourists to more Gujarat sites - Aug 01, 2011
- Big B visits Somnath temple to promote tourism in Gujarat - Jun 04, 2010
- Gujarat tourism achieving new milestones: Narendra Modi - Jan 11, 2011
- Road shows, Big B pulling in tourists for Gujarat - Dec 14, 2010
- I will now focus on tourism: Narendra Modi (Interview) - Dec 06, 2009
- Gujarat's Saputara, a getaway among verdant hills (With Images) - Aug 01, 2011
- No politics in selling Gujarat tourism: Big B - Mar 25, 2010
- Gujarat, Rajasthan to jointly promote tourism - Apr 18, 2011
- 'Chalo Kerala' from Jan 17 - Jan 13, 2010
- Big B praises 'Paan Singh Tomar', calls it true biopic - Mar 04, 2012
Tags: airport express service, amitabh bachchan, forefront, gujarat government, gujarat tourism, indian states, khushboo, lonely planet, principal secretary, promotion campaign, rann of kutch, showcases, surgeries, tourism board, tourism in india, tourism industry, tourism promotion, tourist attractions, tourist destination, tourist destinations