Keventer plans to set up food park in BengalMay 26th, 2012 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 26 (IANS) Kolkata-based Keventer Group is planning to set up a food park in West Bengal, investing about Rs.7 billion, a top executive of the company said Saturday.
“We are looking to invest in Bengal in food processing and looking at setting up a food park at Dankuni. For development of infrastructure, we have to spend about Rs.700 crore. After that, we think that we would be able to bring in an investment of about Rs.2,500 crore to Rs.2,600 crore,” Keventer Group managing director Mayank Jalan said.
Jalan said many food companies were looking to set up units in the state and about 80 firms were expected to build units in the upcoming park.
“A lot of food companies all over the world are looking to set up base here. Instead of going individually, and getting their clearances, we will do it together for them at one place and we have received several expression of interest. We are expecting about 70 to 80 companies in the park to set up their units,” he said. Jalan said he was hopeful of starting work for the park by the end of this year.
Keventer is also developing similar parks in Bihar and Orissa.
The company Saturday inaugurated the Edward Food Research and Analysis Centre (EFRAC) and the Rs.65 crore manufacturing unit of ITC’s Sunfeast Yipee noodles, with a capacity of 50 tonnes per day, at Barasat.
- Keventer to set up food testing lab in Bengal - Feb 02, 2011
- Apeejay Tea ties up with Keventer Agro to launch Typhoo - Aug 04, 2010
- CG Foods to invest Rs.100 crore in India, eyes acquisitions - Jan 11, 2011
- Maruti plans Rs.80 crore logistic hub in Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- Shristi plans integrated logistic hub in Bengal - Jun 15, 2012
- Vibgyor Vehicles to export two-wheelers to Africa, Nepal - Dec 21, 2010
- Roofers to start production soon at cement plant - Sep 17, 2012
- Trivedi proposes new projects for home state, constituency - Mar 14, 2012
- Keventer to start production in Gujarat plant from December - Nov 10, 2008
- Tata Housing to invest Rs.1,000 crore this fiscal - Jun 11, 2010
- Bengal needs to grow in biotech space: Buddhadeb - Feb 28, 2011
- Realty business hots up in Bengal - Jun 03, 2012
- H&R; Johnson India to enter wellness industry - Jun 26, 2012
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
- Mainland China to expand to SE Asia - May 16, 2012
Tags: bihar, crore, expression of interest, food companies, food park, food research, infrastructure, itc, kolkata, managing director, noodles, orissa, park a lot, rs 2, rs 65, sunfeast, tonnes, top executive, west bengal, yipee