Kerala stockbrokers renamed Geojit BNP ParibasApril 23rd, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 23 (IANS) Leading Kerala-based retail stockbroking firm Geojit Financial Services Ltd was Thursday renamed Geojit BNP Paribas.
BNP Paribas, the Paris-based banking group said it has become the largest shareholder of Geojit Financial Services, and that all 500 Geojit offices in India will change their name and bear the colours of BNP Paribas.
Olivier Le Grand, head of BNP Paribas Personal Investors, said: “India is a very important country for BNP Paribas.
“Beyond the crises, it will establish itself as an economic giant of the 21st century, and we are proud to be in a position to combine our name with Geojit, one of the most successful retail stock brokerage firms in India.”
Geojit BNP Paribas CEO C.J. George said BNP Paribas, which has invested Rs.300 crore in Geojit Financial, will help the company “further extend the reach of its services to the growing population of non-resident Indians.”
“Geojit BNP Paribas will also take advantage of the expertise of BNP Paribas Personal Investors as a leading online broker in Europe, to rapidly develop its online trading business and the marketing of mutual funds and life insurance,” he added.
Established in 1987 and located in Kochi, Geojit BNP Paribas has more than 450,000 clients and offers brokerage services for equities, derivatives and financial savings products (funds, life insurance, scheduled saving plans).
Geojit BNP Paribas also operates in the United Arab Emirates, through its joint venture Barjeel Geojit Securities, and in Saudi Arabia via Aloula Geojit Brokerage Company.
BNP Paribas has been operating in India since 1860 in the areas of investment banking and private banking, life insurance, asset management, infrastructure funding, retail financing, car hire, institutional broking and securities services.
- Aloula Geojit Brokerage gets licence in Saudi Arabia - Feb 03, 2010
- Geojit BNP Paribas forms joint venture in Oman - Sep 21, 2011
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- SBI teams with Geojit BNP Paribas for NRI stocks investments - Jun 04, 2012
- Geojit BNP Paribas in JV with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait - Aug 08, 2011
- Geojit BNPP launches a investor education road show - Aug 02, 2010
- Geojit BNP Paribas launches stocks trading via mobile - Sep 21, 2010
- Geojit to focus on portfolio management services - Jun 09, 2010
- Sundaram Finance to buy out BNP Paribas stakes in AMC arm - Jun 30, 2010
- Reliance Capital pact with Nippon in areas beyond insurance - Sep 01, 2011
- Reliance Life gets central bank nod for stake sale to Nippon - Sep 30, 2011
- Geojit Financial looks at joint venture in Oman - Oct 13, 2008
- Geojit launches online trading in currency derivatives - Mar 20, 2009
- Reliance Life concludes 26 percent stake sale to Nippon for $680mn - Oct 09, 2011
- Sundaram Asset to set up investment platform in Singapore - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: banking group, bnp paribas, brokerage company, brokerage services, economic giant, financial services ltd, geojit financial services, geojit securities, institutional broking, insurance asset management, j george, management infrastructure, online broker, personal investors, retail stock, securities services, stock brokerage firms, stockbrokers, stockbroking firm, united arab emirates