Kerala on a major makeover to woo investorsSeptember 20th, 2011 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 20 (IANS) Kerala is all set for a major makeover to position itself as an attractive investment destination through the “Emerging Kerala” initiative, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said Tuesday.
“The objective of ‘Emerging Kerala’ is to position Kerala as an investor-friendly destination and to transform the state into a major business hub of south India. Government intends to develop a business development framework, which will enable such a transformation,” said Chandy.
“Emerging Kerala 2012″ is scheduled April 19-21, 2012, at Kochi’s Le Meridien Convention Centre.
“We have now put in place various committees for the effective implementation of various programs and activities planned in this regard who will be finalising policies and projects,” said Chandy while unveiling the logo of the event here.
A high-level committee chaired by the state chief secretary is also being constituted to finalise and recommend a special package of incentives for projects in respective sectors, based on the projects identified and prepared in 26 sectors.
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Kerala to hold road shows in 23 nations to lure investment - Mar 09, 2012
- Kerala CM to make major pitch for investment - Apr 16, 2012
- Kerala's agenda tailor-made to attract investments: Chandy (With Images) - May 15, 2012
- Australia wants to partner Kerala in agro-based services - Jun 18, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Spadework begins on Smart City Kochi - Oct 08, 2011
- Faced with criticism, Chandy goes slow on 'Emerging Kerala' website - Sep 05, 2012
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- Britain interested in Kerala infrastructure projects - May 22, 2012
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Kerala coir products for Japanese market - Sep 14, 2012
- Kerala to host agro meet in 2013 - Sep 18, 2012
- 21 countries register for Kerala investment meet: Chandy - Jul 31, 2012
- Debates, controversies should not hamper investment: Antony - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: attractive investment, business development, business hub, chief minister, chief secretary, committees, development framework, incentives, india government, initiative, investment destination, le meridien, makeover, objective, oommen chandy, regard, sectors, south india, state chief, transformation