Kerala keen on Sreedharan for Kochi MetroJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 3 (IANS) The Kerala government Tuesday said it was keen on former Delhi Metro chief E. Sreedharan heading the proposed Rs.5,000 crore Kochi Metro project.
“If he (Sreedharan) says yes, then we are prepared to hand over the entire project to be implemented under his guidance. We will give him all what he asks and we are even prepared to go out of the way to even forego the already talked about global tender invitation,” said state Power Minister Aryadan Mohammed, who is also in-charge of Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL).
The Kochi Metro project has been in the pipeline for the past six years and is planned in a 26 km stretch between Tripunithura and Aluva.
Sreedharan retired as the Delhi Metro chief Dec 31, 2011.
- Sreedharan is on board Kochi Metro - Jan 12, 2012
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012
- Kochi Metro project to go ahead: Chandy - Jun 06, 2011
- Delhi Metro to do preliminary work for Kochi Metro Rail - Mar 17, 2010
- Kochi Metro gets ok, protests over land (Third Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- We will miss Sreedharan's services: Dikshit - Dec 28, 2011
- Metro Man Sreedharan switches tracks, retires Saturday - Dec 30, 2011
- Metro Man rides into sunset, to pass baton to Mangu Singh (With Image) - Dec 30, 2011
- Delhi Metro to have eight-coach trains - Aug 05, 2011
- All mega projects are on course: Chandy - May 31, 2012
- PM lays foundation stone for Kochi Metro - Sep 13, 2012
- Sreedharan, Tarun Das in Kerala Planning Board - Aug 10, 2011
- Sreedharan bids adieu to Delhi Metro - Dec 31, 2011
- Kochi Metro Rail gets government nod - Jan 20, 2009
- DDA told to raise funds for Metro network expansion - May 03, 2011