Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fairMarch 1st, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 1 (IANS) A high level delegation from Kerala IT, the state government’s nodal infotech agency, will participate in the prestigious global infotech and communications fair CeBIT 2011 in Hanover in Germany, a statement said here Tuesday.The team will comprise Kerala State IT Mission director Ishita Roy, Technopark’s chief executive officer Mervin Alexander and Infopark and Cyberpark’s chief executive officer Binu A. Pazhoor.
Kerala IT, the unified brand developed to promote business opportunities in the field of information technology in the state, will showcase the IT parks in the state, including the just launched Kollam Technopark, Cherthala Infopark, Technocity and Cyberparks at Kozhikode and Kannur, along with various other investment opportunities.
The Kerala IT team will also visit the PRE Park in Kaiserslautern, Germany as a follow up visit after a five-member delegation from the park had visited Technopark and Infopark in January this year to discuss possibilities of a collaboration.
Mervin Alexander said CeBIT was an excellent platform to showcase the strength of Kerala IT.
“This year, we shall showcase our most ambitious projects Technocity, Kollam Technopark and Cyberparks in Kozhikode and Kasargode. Developments in Kerala IT in 2009 and early 2010 is indicative of the acceptance of these new destinations by IT companies,” he said.
CeBIT 2011 runs from March 1-5.
- Kerala IT to participate in Dubai GITEX Technology Week 2010 - Oct 14, 2010
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- Achuthanandan to lay foundation stone of Kannur Cyberpark - Jan 13, 2011
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: Achuthanandan - Jan 09, 2011
- Kerala's new IT park at Koratty attracts tech giants - Nov 10, 2009
- Kerala plans big in IT, banks on German exposition - Feb 26, 2009
- Kerala's Kollam Technopark to get Rs.49 crore from Nabard - Nov 21, 2009
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- TCS signs biggest land deal in Kerala infotech sector - Jan 05, 2011
- Kerala's Kozhikode Cyberpark gets SEZ status - Jun 10, 2010
- IT, BPO complex project in Kerala's Infopark kicks off - Feb 20, 2011
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Sharjah keen to associate with Kerala's Technopark - Feb 05, 2011
- Japan's Ylem Infotech starts Indian operations - May 31, 2011
Tags: ambitious projects, cebit, cherthala, chief executive officer, cyberpark, cyberparks, hanover, infopark, investment opportunities, kaiserslautern germany, kannur, kozhikode, level delegation, march 1, member delegation, mervin, mission director, nodal, technopark, thiruvananthapuram