Kerala IT firms to spread AIDS awareness campaignMay 14th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 14 (IANS) Companies based in the Technopark IT industrial park here will join hands with the Kerala government to strengthen the AIDS awareness campaign in the state, an industry official said here Thursday.
The Group of Technopark Companies (GTECH), a body representing the chief executives of the Technopark firms, has adopted a corporate policy on HIV/AIDS that calls for strengthening the awareness campaign among among the member companies and employees, the group secretary, Satish Babu, said.
The policy mandates GTECH to partner with organisations like Kerala State AIDS Control Society to carry out awareness programmes in all IT parks in the state to eliminate the misconception of the disease and discrimination against those infected by the virus.
Fighting AIDS was a “collective responsibility” of the IT Industry and the companies would work with the state government for this cause, Babu said.
“It is to be noted that GTECH is the first Industry organisation in the state to adopt a corporate policy on HIV/AIDS to help build a positive and supportive attitude towards those infected and to promote the health and safety amongst the IT companies in the state,” he said.
The IT industry in the state is mostly located in the Technopark campus here and the Infopark campus at Kochi, which together employ more than 35,000 people.
- Singapore, Kerala to enhance IT cooperation - Apr 13, 2012
- Chandy rides bicycle to launch IT Park's green initiative - Dec 06, 2011
- GTECH to tap Scandinavian markets - Aug 13, 2010
- Carpool website to help Kerala techies go green - May 25, 2009
- Exempt IT from shutdowns, GTech urges Kerala government - May 04, 2010
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: Achuthanandan - Jan 09, 2011
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- After TCS, Oracle to set foot in Kerala - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: aids awareness campaign, aids control, babu, chief executives, collective responsibility, group secretary, gtech, health and safety, hiv aids, industry organisation, kerala government, kerala state, kochi, member companies, misconception, satish, state aids, state government, supportive attitude, technopark