Kerala IT firm eyes airports, airlinesJune 20th, 2008 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 20 (IANS) IBS Software Services, which provides IT solutions to the travel, transportation and logistics sectors, is trying to emerge as a total provider to all major airports and airlines in India. “Since we are the only major provider of IT solutions in this domain in the country, we will certainly be providing IT solutions to all major airports and airlines in the next two years,” IBS chairman V.K. Mathews told reporters here Friday.
Mathews said his company was already in talks with airlines and airport authorities. Moreover, IBS had an advantage over foreign competitors because it is based in India, he said.
The Technopark-headquartered IBS offers a range of products and services that manage mission-critical operations of major airlines, airports, oil and gas companies, seaports, cruise lines and tour operators world-wide.
Aviation-related clients include airlines such as Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Iberia, China Southern Airlines, Oman Air, Air New Zealand, Qatar Airways, Qantas, and airports such as Heathrow, Gatwick and the New Tokyo International Airport Cargo.
Since its inception in 1997, IBS has seen an 800-fold increase in capital invested and a 35-fold increase in staff.
Over the past six years, it has made five acquisitions across the globe, the latest being VISaer, a US-based company specializing in solutions for aerospace maintenance and engineering.
IBS owns 17 software products in the travel, transportation and logistics. “This is our biggest strength,” Mathews said.
- Cathay Pacific opts for Kerala IT firm's solution - Feb 07, 2011
- IBS successfully implemented 55 solutions in 2010: CEO - Jan 26, 2011
- IBS Software acquires Moveo Systems - Nov 01, 2011
- Ireland's leading airline opts for Indian solution - Oct 10, 2011
- Tokyo airport uses Kerala IT firm solution for cargo operation - Nov 03, 2010
- IBS to host global aviation conference in Dubai next week - Oct 22, 2010
- Australian airline Qantas using Kerala IT firm's solution - Jun 10, 2010
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Technopark IT firm wins 'excellence in Air Cargo' award - Mar 02, 2011
- Kerala firm inks deal with Italian cargo airline - May 26, 2011
- Japanese Airline Amakusa adopts IBS solution - Apr 13, 2010
- KLM opts for Kerala firm's crew management solution - Jul 03, 2008
- Kerala firm's IT solution to power South African Airways - Feb 21, 2011
- IBS inks deal with German TUI Group Airlines - Aug 19, 2010
- Kingfisher Airlines opts for Technopark based IBS' Cargo Solution - Aug 13, 2008
Tags: aerospace maintenance, air new zealand, airport authorities, airport cargo, cathay pacific, china southern airlines, critical operations, cruise lines, heathrow gatwick, major airlines, mathews, oil and gas, oil and gas companies, oman air, qantas, qatar airways, seaports, software products, software services, tokyo international