Kerala children walk to support rural studentsSeptember 18th, 2011 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Sep 18 (IANS) Five hundred students here in Kerala Sunday participated in a walkathon to raise awareness about the challenges faced by rural school children.
The walkathon was organised by Chinmaya Vidhyalaya to coincide with the unique 12-hour ‘Support My School Telethon’ event launched by Coca-Cola India and NDTV news channel.
“We hope this walkathon will help spread awareness among people about the serious concerns faced by these schools and help build community capacity for better quality of education,” said Chinmaya Vidhyalaya principal Maya Mohan.
“We hope this will inspire more people to step forward and support the cause of developing water, sanitation and other infrastructural facilities for thousands of school children,” said Coca-Cola India vice president for pblic affairs and communication Deepak Jolly.
- Coca-Cola India and World Vision to support rural schools in India - Jun 06, 2012
- Coca-Cola India's 'Support My School' campaign wins Silicon Valley support - Aug 23, 2012
- US firms back 'Support My School' campaign in India - Dec 18, 2011
- Sachin inaugurates 100th transformed school - Jun 01, 2012
- Tetra Pak India joins Coca-Cola-NDTV 'Support My School' campaign - Aug 07, 2012
- Coca-Cola-NDTV telethon raises Rs.7 crore for school infra - Sep 19, 2011
- Sachin Tendulkar endorses 'Support My School' - Jan 24, 2011
- Pearson India flags off rural school library project - Sep 05, 2011
- UN, Coca-Cola water project to impact a million people - Sep 04, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt, Sachin Tendulkar come together for cause - Sep 15, 2011
- Coke to pull out of Mexican schools to promote anti-obesity drive - Jun 11, 2010
- Humble Sachin helps telethon raise Rs.7 crore for schools - Sep 19, 2011
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola planning to cash in on cricket World Cup fever - Feb 17, 2011