Kerala best tourist destination, shows surveyFebruary 18th, 2012 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 18 (IANS) For the second year running, Kerala has been rated the best tourist destination in the country, according to a survey.
The survey says: “Kerala topping the list is a no-brainer.”
The survey was conducted by the Nielsen Company on behalf of the Outlook Traveller magazine.
“The Outlook Survey has come as a big endorsement for Brand Kerala. It will spur us to take it forward with many more new initiatives,” said Kerala Tourism Secretary T.K. Manoj Kumar here.
The survey also found Kerala as the second best state for winter destination after Goa, while Rajasthan and the Andamans occupied the third and fourth slots, respectively.
In the category of beach destinations, Kerala occupies the fourth place.
Another highlight of the survey is about Kerala’ coastal city of Kochi, which has emerged as the sixth best city for tourists after Jaipur, Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad.
This rating has come at a time when the arrival of international tourists into Kerala grew from 6.50 lakh in 2010 to 7.3 lakh in 2011.
The number of domestic tourists grew from 85 lakh to 93 lakh and on the revenue side, the total foreign exchange earnings grew by 11.18 percent to touch Rs.4,221 crore, while the total earnings grew 9.40 percent to reach Rs.19,037 crore.
- Kerala chosen best tourism destination second year running - Feb 18, 2012
- Kerala open to setting up motor racetrack - Apr 26, 2012
- F1 race track in Kerala will boost tourism: Narain Karthikeyan (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Brand Kerala shines at Spanish tourism fair - Jan 24, 2012
- Kerala records rise in tourist arrivals - Jan 19, 2012
- British sub-centre in Kerala to boost tourism - Jan 19, 2012
- Foreign tourist arrivals on the rise in India - Jul 10, 2012
- Munnar rated after Tokyo as Asia's best destination - May 11, 2010
- Telangana issue not hampering investments, says Kiran Kumar - Jul 19, 2012
- Top 20 Indian outsourcing firms grew 13 percent in 2010-11: Report - Aug 19, 2011
- Kovalam to get massive makeover - Sep 29, 2011
- Kerala Tourism ties up with Zapak Games to market state - Nov 05, 2011
- Goa to give women Rs.1 lakh for wedding expenses - Jul 06, 2012
- Kerala to promote souvenirs in a big way - Sep 09, 2010
- PNB's total business reaches Rs 6.21 lakh crore - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: andamans, beach destinations, brainer, coastal city, crore, domestic tourists, exchange earnings, goa, international tourists, kerala tourism, kochi, lakh, manoj, nielsen company, outlook survey, rajasthan, tourism secretary, tourist destination, traveller magazine, winter destination