Kerala-based gelatin maker aiming at Rs.300 crore turnoverAugust 7th, 2012 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 7 (IANS) Nitta Gelatin India Ltd (NGIL) expects to close the current fiscal with a turnover of around Rs.300 crore on rising demand for gelatin in the pharmaceutical industry, Managing Director G. Suseelan said here Tuesday.
“The demand for gelatin is on the rise in the pharma industry. NGIL has developed the technology for manufacturing blood plasma grade gelatin which has a life saving application. NGIL, in its pursuit to manufacture gelatin at optimum cost, has successfully identified other raw materials for the manufacture of quality gelatin,” said Suseelan.
The company is a joint venture between Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) and Nitta Gelatin Incorporated of Japan. It has five manufacturing facilities- three in Kerala and one each in Baroda and Nagpur.
Of late, NGIL is manufacturing Collagen Peptide, a value-added product used effectively against osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
“We plan to add more products to our consumer products portfolio which has been developed by the company’s R&D; in India as well as in Japan. The new products are targeted at those with osteoporosis and sportspersons and dancers,” added Suseelan.
NGIL declared a turnover of Rs.67 crore and a profit of Rs.6.69 crore (before tax) in quarter 1 of the current fiscal.
- Kerala seeks approval for Rs.53,825 crore infrastructure project - Aug 20, 2012
- KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- Kerala sets up new company for high speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- Wheels India to invest Rs.70 crore on expansion - Oct 27, 2011
- BEML targeting African, Southeast Asian markets - Jan 30, 2012
- Kerala to support Islamic banking venture - Feb 04, 2011
- Star Health to raise Rs.150 crore fresh capital - Jul 31, 2012
- KSIDC offers financial assistance to new sectors - May 03, 2010
- Emerging Kerala investment meet to see 51 nations taking part - Aug 31, 2012
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- Kerala coir products for Japanese market - Sep 14, 2012
- Haldia Petrochemicals expects Rs.10,000 crore turnover this fiscal - Jun 11, 2011
- Murugappa group plans Rs.1,000 capex in 2012-13 - May 10, 2012
- Dollar Industries eyes Rs.5 bn turnover in 2012-13 - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: baroda, blood plasma, collagen, crore turnover, dancers, india ltd, japan, joint venture, ksidc, managing director, manufacturing facilities, nagpur, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, peptide, pharma industry, pharmaceutical industry, raw materials, rs 6