Kerala banks post marginal growth in advancesApril 25th, 2009 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 25 (IANS) Banks in Kerala have posted a marginal growth of 6.3 percent in advances from Rs.80,131 crore in June 2008 to Rs.85,174 crore as on Dec 31, according to the State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC).
The SLBC in a meeting here said loans given to the education sector reported the biggest jump when it went up from Rs.2,920 crore in June to Rs.4,049 crore in December.
The advances extended to the priority sector grew slightly from Rs.46,257 crore to Rs.47,780 crore, the committee said.
Loans given to the housing sector also witnessed a marginal increase from Rs.13,839 crore to Rs.14,354 crore, while loans to the agriculture sector went up from Rs.16,040 crore to Rs.16,316 crore.
The slow growth, according to the SLBC, is mainly due to the global economic slowdown.
However, deposits saw 12.8 percent jump from Rs.108,658 crore in June to Rs.122,613 crore in December.
- Indian Bank to convert Rs.400 crore preference shares to equity - Jan 30, 2012
- HDFC quarterly net profit rises 10 percent - Jan 12, 2012
- HDFC Bank quarterly net profit rises 31 percent - Jul 13, 2012
- Allahabad Bank's Q4 net profit up by 14.74 percent - May 02, 2011
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Pranab asks banks to reduce non-performing assets - Jun 12, 2012
- 457 sick industrial units in Kashmir: Minister - Mar 08, 2012
- Chennai Metro to begin service in two years: Stalin - Jan 28, 2011
- Axis Bank profit soars 33 percent in Q4 - Apr 22, 2011
- HDFC Bank net profit rises 34 percent in first quarter - Jul 19, 2011
- Canara Bank net up 79 percent in fourth quarter - May 05, 2011
- IOB plans recovery of Rs.1,500 crore from sticky accounts (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- SBI net profit rises 14 percent at Rs.2,828 crore - Jan 22, 2011
- City Union Bank targets 20-30 percent growth - May 18, 2012
- ICICI Bank Q1 profit up 30 percent - Jul 29, 2011