Kenyan delegation visits TechnoparkNovember 11th, 2008 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 11 (IANS) A high level delegation from Kenya’s industrial ministry visited Technopark here Tuesday and held discussions with officials on a enhancing technological cooperation between India and Kenya.The delegation, comprising senior ministry officials and experts, is here on a mission of the UN Industrial Development Organisations to have technological tie-up between the two countries.
“Technopark was extremely happy to have the delegation from Kenya and it was a moment of pride to know that our incubation initiatives have encouraged them to do something on the similar lines in their country as well,” Technopark chief R.K. Nair said.
“The delegation was extremely satisfied with their visit to the Technopark and we are looking forward for a long and successful association with the IT team of Kenya in the near future,” he added.
Meanwhile, Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan has called for a meeting of industry leaders in the state Thursday.
Industry leaders think the meeting is very significant as the IT sector is facing new challenges in the background of economic downturn. Some employees at the Technopark had recently been given pink slips due to “incompetence”.
IT companies said the laying off did not have anything to do with the economic crisis as it was part of a routine exercise to find fresh skilled talent.
There are more than 25,000 IT professionals working in 150 companies in the Technopark and at the Kochi Infopark campus.
- GTECH to tap Scandinavian markets - Aug 13, 2010
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Cognizant, Ernst & Young to set up Kerala units - May 07, 2011
- ISBA secretariat at Technopark-TBI - Sep 11, 2012
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- Startup Village inks pact with Finland's ACE - Sep 07, 2012
- Technopark TBI to get seed funding from union ministry - Jan 31, 2011
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Singapore, Kerala to enhance IT cooperation - Apr 13, 2012
- Three Kerala IT firms win Nasscom honours - Oct 10, 2011
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012