Kentucky’s unemployment rate increases 10.7 percent in JanuaryMarch 12th, 2010 - 3:34 am ICT by BNO News
FRANKFORT, KENTUCKY (BNO NEWS) – Kentucky’s unemployment rate increased 10.7 percent in January, the Office of Employment and Training (OET) announced Thursday.
“Facing economic headwinds, Kentucky’s economy continued to struggle in January 2010. The statewide unemployment rate rose to 10.7 percent in response to the third largest monthly employment decline on record and a rise in the number of entrants and reentrants into the civilian labor force,” said Dr. Justine Detzel, OET chief labor market analyst.
“January 2010 represents the first decrease in employment in professional and business services companies since August 2009. The job losses are concentrated in administrative and support business, reflecting the end of temporary work at a customer management/technical support center and weakness in the employment services industry,” Detzel added.
Civilian labor force statistics include non-military workers and unemployed Kentuckians who are currently seeking work. They do not include unemployed state residents who have not looked for employment within the past four weeks.
Unemployment statistics are grounded on estimations and are collected to measure trends rather than actually represent a specific number of people working.
- Unemployment hits 8-year high in Italy - Mar 02, 2012
- Kentucky Governor Beshear appoints Onkst to state commission - Mar 11, 2010
- EU unemployment rate reaches 14-year high - Apr 02, 2012
- US unemployment rate drops in April - May 05, 2012
- Australia's unemployment rate down - Feb 16, 2012
- Kentucky lands high-tech call center with 100 new jobs - Jan 30, 2010
- Nevada Has Nation's Highest Jobless Rate - Jun 21, 2010
- Kentucky receives nearly $10 million to expand electronic health information - Feb 16, 2010
- U.S. unemployment rate drops to 8.1 percent, lowest in 3 years - May 05, 2012
- South Korea's unemployment rate falls a little - Dec 14, 2011
- Kentucky continues emergency responses and begins damage assessments after storms and flooding struck the state - May 07, 2010
- US unemployment rate edges down to 8.3 percent - Feb 04, 2012
- Kentucky Lt. Gov. participates in conference call with White House - Jan 29, 2010
- Employment increases slightly in Sweden - Jan 27, 2012
- US economic recovery speeds up: Obama - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,