KBC winner will be rural job scheme brand ambassadorNovember 14th, 2011 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Sushil Kumar, who won Rs.5 crore on the Amitabh Bachchan-hosted Kaun Banega Crorepati game show, will be the next brand ambassador of United Progressive Alliance’s (UPA) flagship project Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
This announcement was made here Monday by Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh.
“I had a meeting with Sushil Kumar and he will be the next ambassador of MGNERGS. He was a worker in MGNREGS and young men like him should be projected as the success of the scheme,” Ramesh said at a function here.
- Will KBC winner be rural job scheme ambassador? - Nov 06, 2011
- KBC winner Sushil Kumar turns down 'Big Boss' offer - Nov 24, 2011
- Ministers to brief state Congress chiefs on welfare schemes - Dec 06, 2011
- PM concerned over delayed NREGA wages, Sonia suggests reforms (second lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Increase work days in rural job scheme, demands Dhumal - Oct 15, 2011
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Bihar's Sushil Kumar first to win Rs.5 crore on KBC-5 - Oct 25, 2011
- Aadhaar to pilot pensions, wages in 50 districts, says Ramesh - Jul 01, 2012
- Rural job workers to get cash in Maoist-hit areas: Ramesh - Dec 03, 2011
- Jharkhand spent only 38 percent of job scheme funds - Dec 14, 2011
- BSP swindling central funds: Rahul Gandhi - Dec 26, 2011
- Ten people who influenced the headlines (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2011
- Learn from Andhra on job scheme, Ramesh tells Orissa - Aug 14, 2011
- Sushil Kumar's act on 'Jhalak...' impresses Abhishek (With Images) - Jun 23, 2012
- Ramesh, Mayawati in duel over corruption - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: ambassador, amitabh bachchan, crore, development minister, flagship project, game show, guarantee scheme, jairam, job, mahatma gandhi, New Delhi, progressive alliance, rural development, sushil kumar, UPA, young men