Karunanidhi to inaugurate Tamil Nadu Newsprint’s new projectsJanuary 18th, 2011 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 18 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi would Wednesday lay the foundation stone for paper major Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Ltd’s (TNPL) three investment projects costing Rs.377 crore.Sitting at the state secretariat here, Karunanidhi, through video conferencing, would also inaugurate the company’s third paper machine at its plant in Pugalur near Karur, around 330 km from Chennai.
Imported from Germany, the 191-metre-long new paper machine has a capacity to make 155,000 tonne per annum (tpa) and involves an outlay of Rs.1,000 crore.
According to the state government, the TNPL’s 600 tonnes per day (tpd) mini cement plant would involve an outlay of Rs.67 crore. The company would use the lime sludge from its pulp mill and the fly ash from its power plant for making cement.
TNPL will set up a new pulp line - pulp out of waste paper - with a per day capacity of 300 tonnes at an investment of Rs.175 crore and modernise its steam generators and power division spending Rs.135 crore.
The new pulp line would increase the company’s captive pulp capacity to 800 tpd. The pulp will be used to make printing and writing paper.
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint's expansion goes on stream - Jan 19, 2011
- Country's second-largest paper maker pushes growth - Feb 10, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint to set up plant to cut production cost - May 04, 2010
- TNPL to finalise order for paper machine next month - Jun 19, 2008
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Dalmia Bharat to set up cement mills in Karnataka, Meghalaya - Dec 03, 2010
- Tamil Nadu plans new industrial, land takeover policies - Aug 04, 2011
- Birla Corp Q1 net profit down at Rs.118.28 crore - Jul 21, 2010
- Kesoram Industries to invest Rs.1,125 crore - Jul 01, 2010
- Jayalalithaa bats for casual workforce in Tamil Nadu Newsprint - Sep 02, 2009
- BOC to raise Rs.780 cr in 2011 - May 24, 2010
- BOC India's three plants in advanced stages of commissioning - May 17, 2012
- Birla Corp posts Rs.137.50 crore net profit in Q4 - Apr 22, 2010
- Kobelco Cranes mulls capacity expansion - Feb 02, 2012
- Andhra allots 1,000 acres for Prism Cement plant - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: chief minister, crore, fly ash, foundation stone, investment projects, karur, mini cement plant, new projects, newsprint, outlay, pulp mill, rs 1, s 600, sludge, state secretariat, steam generators, tnpl, tpa, video conferencing, writing paper