Kanimozhi allowed to attend father’s birthday bash June 3May 31st, 2012 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) A CBI special court here hearing the 2G case has allowed DMK MP Kanimozhi to visit Tamil Nadu to attend her father and party chief M. Karunanidhi’s birthday function June 3.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge O.P. Saini granted permission to Kanimozhi Wednesday.
She had requested the court to allow her exemption from personal appearance June 3 for attending the function.
According to the government auditor, former telecom minister A. Raja was biased while distributing second generation (2G) mobile airwaves and operating licences to telecom firms, causing a loss of up to Rs.1.76 lakh crore in lost revenues to the treasury.
Kanimozhi is one of the 19 individuals and six companies accused in two separate cases related to allotment of 2G spectrum.
- Court allows Raja, Kanimozhi to vote in presidential poll - Jul 18, 2012
- Court allows Kanimozhi to attend agitation in Tamil Nadu - Jul 03, 2012
- Court allows Kanimozhi to attend budget session (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- 2G case: CBI to file more documents (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- 2G: Court allows Morani to attend IPL-5 opening - Mar 30, 2012
- 2G: Court allows Behura to appear before JPC - Mar 30, 2012
- No threat to support CBI's 2G case: Raja's ex-aide (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- 2G case: Ex-official denies deposing falsely - Sep 11, 2012
- Raja wrote to PM on 2G policy: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- 2G: Ravi Ruia, three others appear before court - Mar 31, 2012
- 2G: Court defers hearing on Swamy's plea - Mar 17, 2012
- Loop, Essar promoters move bail pleas in 2G case (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- 2G scam: Balwa objects to judge's intervention - Mar 20, 2012
- Behura seeks court's permission to go abroad - May 29, 2012
- 2G: Arguments on charges against Essar, Loop Thursday - May 02, 2012
Tags: allotment, birthday bash, birthday function, cbi, central bureau of investigation, crore, government auditor, june 3, kanimozhi, m karunanidhi, mp, New Delhi, party chief, personal appearance, raja, rs 1, second generation, six companies, special judge, telecom firms