Kamal Nath to represent India at 7th ASEAN-India SummitApril 6th, 2009 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 6 (ANI): Trade Minister Kamal Nath will represent Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh at the Seventh ASEAN-India Summit and the Fourth East Asia Summit scheduled to be held on April 11-12 in Thailand.
These Summits are held annually by the Association of South East Nations (ASEAN) and attended by heads of State/Government of the ten ASEAN member countries and its dialogue partners such as India, China, Japan, Korea, etc.
A notable feature of the East Asia Summit (comprising Leaders of ASEAN, India, China, Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand) this time would be a focus session with heads of international agencies such as the World Bank, the IMF and the ADB.
India would be looking forward to progress in various cooperation initiatives with ASEAN including Free Trade Agreement, open skies policy, science and technology fund and tourism.
India would also take up matters related to energy, environment, disaster mitigation and economic partnership study in the meeting of the 16-member East Asia Summit. (ANI)
- Krishna heads to Cambodia for three regional meets - Jul 08, 2012
- Ahead of ASEAN summit, India to host Mekong-Ganga meeting - Aug 13, 2012
- India steps up ASEAN diplomacy, Singapore PM on way - Jul 09, 2012
- India for fast-tracking ASEAN highway links - Sep 04, 2012
- 'India seeks secure Asia free of terror' - Jun 29, 2012
- India pitches for ASEAN pact in services, investments - Jul 11, 2012
- The sky is the limit for ASEAN-India cooperation (Comment) - Oct 27, 2010
- India to negotiate free trade agreements with Indonesia, Thailand soon - Oct 28, 2010
- Now, for economic pacts with Indonesia, Thailand - Oct 28, 2010
- India, Asean must move beyond free trade in goods: Delhi Dialogue - Feb 14, 2012
- Krishna heads to Bali to boost India-East Asia ties - Jul 20, 2011
- Manmohan Singh takes part in ASEAN Summit in Vietnam - Oct 30, 2010
- India-ASEAN CEPA by 2011 end, says Anand Sharma - Mar 02, 2011
- India's 'Look East' policy has strategic goals (Comment) - Oct 26, 2010
- India calls for greater connectivity with ASEAN (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: asean member countries, australia and new zealand, dialogue partners, disaster mitigation, dr manmohan singh, east asia summit, economic partnership, energy environment, focus session, free trade agreement, india china japan, japan korea, kamal nath, manmohan, manmohan singh, open skies policy, policy science, technology fund, tourism india, trade minister