Kalam releases handbook for small entrepreneursApril 9th, 2008 - 3:51 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) A new handbook to equip small and medium entrepreneurs with the skills to face global competition has been launched by former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in a joint initiative of ICICI Bank and CyberMedia. The handbook will be handy in creating new enterprises, enhancing productivity of present enterprises, reducing sickness and increasing the throughput of small and medium enterprises significantly,” Kalam said while launching the handbook.
“This initiative will create much larger awareness among the small and medium enterprises spread across the country,” the former president said at the launch event at his residence Tuesday evening.
According to Pradeep Gupta, chairman of media and publishing house CyberMedia, the book recognises the fact that small and medium enterprises, including the new entrants, needed to move towards clusters to face global competition.
“The world has taken notice of India’s entrepreneurial spirit. Our effort is to ensure that the aspirations of budding entrepreneurs are not stemmed for want of reliable information,” he said.
- Dubai launches Facebook contest for entrepreneurs - Jun 19, 2012
- 'Power To Empower' contest aims to sharpen entrepreneurial skills - Sep 13, 2012
- India's data services market at Rs.11,800 crore by 2012 - Apr 21, 2011
- 50 innovation clusters to help MSMEs: Pitroda - Mar 28, 2012
- Kalam evolves three-point recipe for graft-free India (With Image) - Dec 24, 2011
- The pros and cons of foreign equity in retailing - Nov 24, 2011
- Women entrepreneurs in gems and jewellery face many bottlenecks - Jul 22, 2012
- Need to spur product innovation in India: Expert - Mar 27, 2012
- RIM to launch 15 BlackBerry premium stores by year-end - May 11, 2012
- Public cloud computing to touch Rs.2,434 crore by 2014 - Jun 07, 2011
- Student entrepreneur for global award to be chosen in Coimbatore - Aug 31, 2011
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Kalam's green mission at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Jul 02, 2012
- Help at hand for young entrepreneurs - Mar 01, 2011
- Google India offers free website to small, medium businesses - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: abdul kalam, aspirations, clusters, entrepreneurial spirit, former president, global competition, India, initiative, launch event, New Delhi, pradeep gupta, productivity, publishing house, small and medium enterprises, throughput, tuesday evening