Jubilant FoodWorks Q4 net profit surges 85.87 percentMay 12th, 2011 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Jubilant FoodWorks (JFL), which operates Pizza major Domino’s in India, Thursday reported 85.87 percent rise in its net profit at Rs.19.33 crore for the quarter ended March 31 (fiscal 2009-10) as against Rs.10.40 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.
The net sales rose 56 percent at Rs.193.63 crore during the quarter under review as compared to Rs.124.06 crore during the same period of the previous fiscal.
The company plans to open 80 new Domino’s stores in 2011-12. It opened 72 Domino’s outlets in the last fiscal, including 14 in January-March.
As of March 31, Jubilant Foodworks had 378 outlets.
It will also launch its first Domino’s store in Sri Lanka in June, through its subsidiary Jubilant Foodworks Lanka.
During the quarter under review, JFL also signed a master franchisee agreement with the international subsidiary of Dunkin’ Donuts to bring the world’s leading baked goods and coffee chain to India.
“This quarter was significant for JFL as we formalised our relationship with the world’s leading coffee and baked goods chain Dunkin’ Donuts, to introduce its chain of stores in the Indian market,” said Shyam S. Bhartia, chairman, Jubilant FoodWorks Limited.
“As we enter this financial year, our business momentum remains strong and we remain sharply focused on the future of our organisation and our drive to create value for all our stakeholders,” he added.
The company said Dunkin’ Donuts will be rolled out in India in a phased manner and the plan is to open 80-100 Dunkin’ Donuts outlets in the country in next five years.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company closed 6.12 percent lower at Rs.693.70.
- Jubilant FoodWorks Q3 net profit rises 55.47 percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks quarterly net profit rises 52 percent - May 10, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks quarterly profit rises 40 percent - Jul 25, 2012
- US's Dunkin' bullish on Indian market, plans 500 stores in 15 years - May 30, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks Q1 net profit up 51.57 percent - Aug 11, 2011
- Domino's Pizza enters Sri Lankan market - Sep 03, 2011
- Jubilant FoodWorks plans to enter SriLanka, Bangladesh - Jul 30, 2010
- Domino's Pizza gets new marketing vice president - Mar 31, 2011
- Jubilant FoodWorks net profit at Rs.33 crore, to open 70 stores - May 10, 2010
- Domino's opens 300th store in India with appetite for more - Mar 11, 2010
- On Donuts Day Americans Gorge On The Free Snacks - Jun 05, 2010
- Punjab National Bank quarterly net profit rises - May 04, 2011
- National Coffee Day 2010 Celebrated With Free Coffee - Sep 30, 2010
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: baked goods, bombay stock exchange, coffee, crore, domino, dunkin donuts, foodworks, international subsidiary, jfl, master franchisee, momentum, net profit, net sales, New Delhi, next five years, pizza, quarter ended march, shyam, sri lanka, stakeholders