JSW Steel to invest Rs.3,000 crore in 2009-10April 22nd, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) JSW Steel, one of the leading steel makers in the country, will invest Rs.3,000 crore in 2009-10 to expand its production capacity, a top official said here Wednesday.
“We are planning to invest Rs.3,000 crore in the current financial year to expand our production capacity,” Sajjan Jindal, vice-chairman and managing director of JSW Steel, told reporters on the sidelines of a business meet.
“The investment will be focussed on our new projects in Jharkhand, West Bengal and the Vijayanagar plant (Karnataka),” he added.
According to Jindal, the demand for construction steel will go up in the coming years as the focus will be on the infrastructure development.
“We are very upbeat about the market and are expecting about 50-60 percent rise in the sales,” he said, adding that the global slowdown would have “very little impact on the domestic steel and cement market”.
In construction sector, the rural and semi urban markets are driving up demand even when metros are sluggish, he added.
The steel major is developing two greenfield projects in West Bengal and Jharkhand that require a total investment of Rs.70,000 crore.
- Equipment foundation of Salboni project by December - Sep 08, 2010
- Roofers to start production soon at cement plant - Sep 17, 2012
- JSW Steel partners with Japanese firm - Nov 19, 2009
- Sajjan Jindal's Bengal steel project to start soon - Jul 11, 2012
- JSW Steel to start on Salboni project after Puja: Jindal - Sep 10, 2011
- JSW Steel to start Salboni project by fiscal-end - Jul 27, 2010
- Bengal to vest 270 acres from JSW Steel - Aug 10, 2011
- JSW Steel's Salboni project to 'restart' in August: Bengal minister - Jul 25, 2012
- JSW Steel plans to complete Salboni project in three years - Feb 09, 2010
- Bengal government's bid to regularise JSW's land (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- JSW Steel plans to raise Rs.6,600 cr for Bengal project - Oct 08, 2009
- Bengal government to sort out JSW's plant problems - Oct 29, 2011
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Berger Paints to double capacity by 2013-end - Aug 02, 2012
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: cement, construction sector, construction steel, crore, domestic steel, global slowdown, greenfield projects, infrastructure development, managing director, New Delhi, new projects, sidelines, steel makers, urban markets, vice chairman, west bengal