JSPL to invest Rs.one lakh crore in OrissaJuly 12th, 2010 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 12 (IANS) Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) has planned to invest about Rs.one lakh crore in next 10 years for its projects in Orissa, Managing Director Naveen Jindal said Monday.
“We are thinking in next ten years we will have an investment of around Rs. one lakh crore in the state,” he told reporters here after meeting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at the state secretariat.
JSPL has four mega projects in the pipeline and Jindal said he has sought the help of the state government in their timely implementation.
JSPL is currently executing a 6 MTPA (million tonne per annum) mega steel project in Angul district which he said has shaped up well with several units scheduled for commissioning in the last quarter of 2010.
The company’s plans include a coal-to-liquid project, with an investment of Rs.42,000 crore.
Jindal’s other projects include ramping up the steel project’s capacity from 6 MTPA to 12.5 MTPA, a 1,320 MW merchant power plant and a massive industrial park, all in Angul district.
- Jindal to invest $10 bn in Orissa project - Mar 23, 2010
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- JSPL inks deal for industrial park in Odisha - Nov 15, 2011
- BJP is misleading country on coal issue: Congress - Sep 13, 2012
- Odisha CM defends decision on coal block recommendation - Sep 13, 2012
- Come to Chhattisgarh for deals in food processing and IT: Chief minister (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Protests hit steel project in Odisha - Jul 23, 2012
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- JSL to set up Rs.704-cr steel park in Orissa - Feb 03, 2010
- Orissa inks pacts for three power plants - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Jindal's steel and power project will transform Bolivia' - Jun 16, 2011
- Videocon mulls relocating Bengal power, steel projects - Oct 09, 2011
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Karnataka reaps bonanza at global investors meet (Roundup) - Jun 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,