J.S. Sarma new chairman of telecom regulatorMay 14th, 2009 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) J.S. Sarma, a member of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal, Thursday took over as the chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), succeeding Nripendra Mishra.
TRAI member A.K. Sawhney had been acting as the interim chairman ever since Mishra retired March 22.
Sarma is a 1971 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from the Andhra Pradesh cadre.
He has worked as the Department of Telecommunications secretary and the Telecom Commission chairman.
Sarma has also worked as fertilisers secretary.
- Former telecom regulator testifies in 2G case - Feb 23, 2012
- Rahul Khullar to take charge of TRAI Monday - May 13, 2012
- Ex-TRAI chief Mishra deposes in 2G scam case - Jan 11, 2012
- 2G: Raja examines ex-telecom regulator (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- S R Rao is new commerce secretary - May 28, 2012
- 2G: Raja examines ex-telecom regulator - Mar 14, 2012
- Birla wrote letter to PM: Ex-telecom regulator - Mar 16, 2012
- JPC to quiz nine former telecom secretaries (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- TRAI had no information about spectrum, court told - Mar 22, 2012
- Swan Telecom questions CAG role - Aug 04, 2011
- TRAI seeks initial response on 2G spectrum auction by Feb 15 - Feb 03, 2012
- 2G: Process for selection of auctioneer approved - May 01, 2012
- Don't treat 3G in continuation of 2G, TRAI said in 2006: Witness - Mar 15, 2012
- Telecom regulator seeks views on value added services - Mar 30, 2011
- Telecom firms should bar pesky calls, SMSes: TRAI - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, appellate tribunal, commission chairman, indian administrative service, interim chairman, New Delhi, sarma, sawhney, telecom commission, telecom regulator, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telecommunications, trai