Jordan to launch first low-cost carrierJune 8th, 2010 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Sharjah, June 8 (IANS/WAM) Air Arabia has teamed up with an Amman-based investment company to launch Jordan’s first low-cost carrier.
Air Arabia and Tantash Group Monday signed the joint agreement in this regard in Amman.
The new carrier is expected to provide direct services to destinations across Europe, Middle East and North Africa from the Queen Alia International Airport.
Currently, Air Arabia provides services to 64 destinations, spanning Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, from its hubs in the UAE, Egypt and Morocco.
- Air Arabia Q2 profit at $30 mn - Aug 08, 2010
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Air Arabia takes off to Najaf - Jun 06, 2010
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia posts $15 mn first quarter profit - May 07, 2010
- French foreign minister to visit UAE Saturday - Nov 18, 2011
- Etihad buys 29 percent stake in Air Berlin - Dec 19, 2011
- UAE bank opens branch in Egypt - Feb 04, 2012
- UAE doctors sign up for humanitarian mission - Jul 16, 2010
- Emirates to launch flights to Portugal - May 26, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host counter-terror conference - Aug 06, 2011
- UAE-Brazilian firms sign deals worth $65 mn - Feb 21, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host aviation expo - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: air arabia, asia, carrier air, dg, east africa, egypt, europe, hubs, investment company, jordan, low cost carrier, middle east, morocco, north africa, queen alia international, queen alia international airport, regard, snb, uae, wam