Johnson & Johnson launches nicotine gum in IndiaDecember 20th, 2010 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 20 (IANS) Leading cosmetics makers Johnson & Johnson Ltd Monday launched its nicotine gum brand Nicorette in India.Nicorette is a sugar-free nicotine gum that helps reduce nicotine craving.
“Nicorette is not just a chewing gum, but a complete infrastructure and support system that can help smokers quit the habit and lead a healthier life,” Tushar Murdeshwar, Johnson & Johnson India general manager for marketing, said.
Beginning Dec 25, Nicorette will be available in packs of 4mg (10 gums) for heavy smokers through a doctor’s prescription. Also available is an over-the-counter product of 2mg (4 & 10 gums)for light smokers.
A nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) product, Nicorette provides therapeutic and clean nicotine, slowly and in lesser quantities as compared to a cigarette. It is just enough to satisfy the smoker’s nicotine craving.
- Johnson & Johnson launches nicotine gum in India (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Want to quit smoking? Get professional help - Jan 04, 2011
- Now a helpline to quit tobacco - May 29, 2012
- Jessica Simpson is addicted to nicotine chewing gum - May 02, 2010
- Obama finally kicks the butt, 'hasn't smoked for 9 months' - Dec 29, 2010
- Nicotine linked to breast cancer for first time - Aug 24, 2010
- Quit smoking, says Sameera Reddy - May 30, 2011
- Jessica Simpson Reveals Nicotine Gum Addiction - May 02, 2010
- Gibbs Claims Obama Hasn't Smoked in 9 Months - Dec 29, 2010
- A jab now to help quit smoking - Jun 28, 2012
- Drugs for neurologic, psychiatric conditions up smokers' nicotine metabolism - Sep 19, 2010
- E-ciggies 'are a promising tool to help smokers quit' - Feb 09, 2011
- Need for evaluation and regulation of 'electronic cigarettes', say experts - Feb 11, 2010
- Obama takes to nicotine gum to kick the butt - Dec 10, 2010
- e-cigarettes damaging lungs? - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: chewing gum, cigarette, cosmetics, dec 25, free nicotine gum, gums, habit, heavy smokers, india general, infrastructure, johnson johnson, johnson ltd, mumbai, murdeshwar, nicorette, nicotine, nicotine craving, nicotine replacement therapy, quantities, smoker