John Lennons killer denied paroleAugust 13th, 2008 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 13 (ANI): John Lennon’’s killer has been denied parole for a fifth time because of the premeditated nature of his killing of the former Beatle on Dec. 8, 1980.
A two-member Parole Board panel denied Mark David Chapmans plea to be let go, indicating that he had actually planned to kill the legendary musician.
In its decision, the panel cited that Chapman made two Hawaii trips for killing Lennon.
And it was in his second visit that he killed Lennon, by firing five shots at the singer as he returned home from a recording session and fatally striking him four times.
“Your conduct thus precipitated a horrendously tragic event which has impacted many individuals,” The New York Daily News quoted the panel, as writing in its decision.
It added: “Your discretionary release, at this time, would thus not be compatible with the welfare of society at large and would tend to deprecate the seriousness of the instant officense, and undermine respect for the law.”
While the panel considered Chapman’’s clean prison record since 1994 and his “positive institutional adjustment,” it said that this wasnt enough to ignore the fact that he carried out Lennon’’s murder “with an essentially clear mind.”
Currently Chapman is serving a 20-years life sentence in Attica Correctional Facility, and will next be eligible for release in two years. (ANI)
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- John Lennon murderer denied parole for the 6th time - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman denied parole for the sixth time - Sep 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono opposes the parole of John Lennon's killer - Mark David Chapman - Aug 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- "The Beatles" Fans Pay Tribute To John Lennon, Remembers Mark David Chapman - Dec 09, 2010
- Mark Chapman 'signed into protective custody to have sex with wife' - Sep 18, 2010
- Yoko Lennon Opposed To Parole For Killer - Aug 08, 2010
- I thought by killing Lennon I would become somebody, says his killer - Sep 17, 2010
- Yoko Ono still against parole for John Lennon's killer - Jul 27, 2010
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- Yoko Ono Does Not Want John Lennon's Killer Mark David Chapman On Parole - Aug 08, 2010
- John Lennon's widow says Mark Chapman is still a threat - Aug 06, 2010
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: attica correctional facility, beatle, chapman, chapmans, dec 8 1980, fifth time, five shots, hawaii trips, john lennon, john lennons killer, legendary musician, life sentence, new york daily news, parole board, plea, prison record, recording session, seriousness, tragic event, york daily news