JK Organisation setting up university in JaipurOctober 19th, 2010 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Oct 19 (IANS) One of India’s leading industrial conglomerates, JK Organisation, is setting up a multi- disciplinary university, JK Lakshmipat University (JKLU), in Jaipur, Rajasthan, at an estimated cost of Rs.3 billion.
“The multi-disciplinary university will roll out its operations with an institute of management with a fully residential MBA programme and an institute of engineering and technology from the 2011-12 academic session,” Upinder Dhar, vice chancellor, told IANS here Tuesday.
Spread over 30 acres, the JKLU campus would be Wi-Fi enabled and equipped with several amphitheatres, syndicate rooms, a state-of-the-art library, modern sports facilities and a management development centre, said Dhar. Well-known academics and administrators would form the university’s board of management.
“JKLU has signed an MoU with Han Yang University, Seoul, South Korea, for cooperation in the field of education and academic activities of mutual benefit,” he said.
JKLU is also in dialogue with a few universities in the U.S., Canada and Europe for cooperation in the field of faculty development, students exchange and research.
JK Organisation’s business interests span a vast spectrum of industries such as automotive tyres, cement, pulp and paper, power transmission systems, agri genetics, woolen textiles, readymade apparels, sugar, food and dairy products.
- Apollo Hospitals sign MoU with University College of London - May 21, 2011
- Singhania, Mittal take over top posts in ICC India - Mar 25, 2012
- Chaulia named vice dean at O.P. Jindal University - Oct 01, 2010
- Europe Asia Business School launches Mumbai campus - Dec 20, 2010
- MBA, the new 'mantra for success' in Nagaland - Feb 21, 2011
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
- TERI to work with Seychelles on enhancing knowledge base - Jun 03, 2010
- Sikkim Manipal University in pact with Scottish varsity - Nov 11, 2011
- Shanghai buses to have Wi-Fi - Jul 10, 2012
- Chinese warned against using web in public places - Mar 01, 2012
- Two Indians among 2012 Yale World Fellows - Apr 04, 2012
- Colorectal cancer affecting India's fight against cancer - Feb 18, 2012
- Wi-Fi radiation killing trees - Nov 24, 2010
- Wi-fi radiation harmful to trees: Study - Nov 24, 2010
- Measuring Wi-Fi attacks can combat cyber crimes - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: academic activities, academic session, art library, development students, faculty development, industrial conglomerates, institute of management, jaipur, management development centre, mba programme, mutual benefit, power transmission systems, pulp and paper, s board, seoul south korea, sports facilities, students exchange, syndicate rooms, university seoul, vice chancellor