Jindal Steel to invest Rs.183 bn on Chhattisgarh unitAugust 15th, 2008 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 15 (IANS) Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) will invest Rs.183 billion in Chhattisgarh to set up a steel unit and a 1,000 MW captive power plant, a company official said Friday. “The company has signed a deal with the Chhattisgarh government to invest Rs.183 billion for a 4 million tonne per annum (MTPA) integrated steel plant, including a 1,000 MW captive power plant at Raigarh,” Pradeep Tandon, vice-president (corporate affairs), JSPL, told IANS.
JSPL already has a 3 MTPA steel unit at Raigarh, some 220 km north of Raipur. According to the agreement, the company will invest Rs.50 billion on the captive power plant out of the total Rs.183 billion investment.
The government will help the company to get coal blocks and iron ore linkage for these projects while the company will complete its projects in a scheduled time-frame in compliance with the state’s industrial policy.
JSPL signed a deal in May 2007 as well for setting up a 3 MTPA steel unit at Raigarh for which work is underway. With the latest agreement, the company is investing a total of Rs.250 billion in the state to take its total annual production to 10 million tonnes from the present 3 million tonnes.
- Essar Steel commissions Phase 1 of Odisha pellet plant - Apr 09, 2012
- JSPL to invest Rs.one lakh crore in Orissa - Jul 12, 2010
- Come to Chhattisgarh for deals in food processing and IT: Chief minister (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Concast plans to set up Rs. 8 bn cement plant in Arunachal - Feb 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh environmentalist chained to hospital bed - Jun 02, 2011
- Protests hit steel project in Odisha - Jul 23, 2012
- Jindal official held for plant mishap - Jul 16, 2010
- Release jailed Chhattisgarh activists, demands Amnesty - Jun 04, 2011
- Jindal Steel lodges bribery case against NGO activist - Jun 26, 2010
- Binani Cement, Gujarat government sign MoU worth Rs.42 bn - Jan 13, 2011
- JSPL begins commercial production at Odisha plant - Aug 28, 2012
- NMDC, BEC agreement for Chhattisgarh steel plant - Sep 06, 2011
- Police probe workers' deaths at Jindal plant (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Adhunik Metaliks to set up steel plant in Karnataka - Jun 03, 2010
- NMDC to set up India's largest blast furnace in Chhattisgarh - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: 10 million, bn, captive power plant, chhattisgarh government, coal, corporate affairs, integrated steel, iron ore, jindal steel and power, jindal steel and power ltd, jspl, linkage, mtpa, pradeep, rs 250, s industrial, steel plant, time frame, tonnes, vice president