Jindal group setting up textile facilities in HimachalApril 5th, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 5 (IANS) The Jindal group will invest Rs.204 crore to set up facilities in a upcoming textile park in Himachal Pradesh, an official said here Monday.
“The government is developing a textile park near Amb industrial area in Una district. A private company, Himachal Textile Park Ltd, is developing the park with an outlay of Rs.107.74 crore,” Industry Commissioner Manoj Kumar told IANS.
He said two subsidiaries of the Ludhiana-based Jindal group — Jindal Medicot Ltd and Jindal Speciality Textiles Limited — would invest Rs.204 crore in the facilities.
“The Jindal group subsidiary companies would commence production by March 2011 and these would provide employment to 2,200 people,” he added.
While Jindal Medicot will manufacture medical textile products like absorbent bleached cotton wool and cotton crepe bandages and cloth, Jindal Speciality Textiles will produce PVC laminated products, tent fabrics, and truck sliders.
Industry Minister Kishan Kapoor said these projects are coming up despite the excise duty exemption scheme expired March 31.
“Similarly, Hero Honda has plans to invest over Rs.2,000 crore in setting up a plant to manufacture motorcycles. Nestle is also setting up a facility in the state,” he said.
- Textile park to come up in Himachal - Aug 26, 2010
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Vardhman to set up another facility in Himachal - Sep 10, 2011
- Micromax, Cipla to set up units in Himachal - May 09, 2011
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- 'UNITEX' gets 'OEKO-TEX International Certification' - Dec 21, 2010
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012
- Punjab offers incentives for new textile units - Jul 17, 2011
- Bharat Fritz to invest Rs.350 cr for expansion plans - Jan 25, 2011
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Hindware opens first store in south India - Jun 16, 2011
- Wipro, Kawasaki form JV to make hydraulic pumps - Dec 06, 2011
Tags: bleached cotton, cotton wool, crepe bandages, crore, duty exemption scheme, excise duty exemption, hero honda, industry minister, jindal group, kishan, laminated products, ludhiana, manoj kumar, outlay, rs 2, shimla, subsidiary companies, tent fabrics, textile products, truck sliders