Jharkhand to ban post cards with Koda picturesSeptember 28th, 2011 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 28 (IANS) The sale of postcards carrying photographs of former chief minister Madhu Koda, jailed in graft cases, will be banned in Jharkhand, an official said Wednesday.
The postcards are available in post offices and social organisations have been demanding a ban on them.
“We have agreed to ban sale of these post cards. We have apprised the higher authorities in this regard. The higher authorities will take a decision on it,” an official of Ranchi post office told IANS on condition of anonymity.
The post cards carrying photographs of Koda were printed when he was the chief minister between September 2006 and August 2008.
The postal department officials said no fresh printing of post cards carrying Koda pictures had taken place and only the old stocks were being sold.
Koda is in jail since November 2009 in graft cases.
- Madhu Koda, ex-Minister shifted from hospital to jail - Dec 30, 2011
- CBI court rejects Koda's bail plea - May 30, 2011
- Koda gets bail in illegal mining case, to stay in jail - Apr 05, 2012
- Munda orders CBI probe into electrification scandal - Aug 10, 2011
- Koda waived off aide's Rs.10 crore power bill: CBI source - Jun 03, 2011
- Jharkhand ministers, legislators to declare assets - Jan 03, 2011
- Koda booked for instigating prisoners - Nov 02, 2011
- Jharkhand Citizen's Charter from Nov 15: Munda - Oct 12, 2011
- Jharkhand Vigilance Bureau files fresh chargesheet against Koda - Apr 02, 2011
- With RS horse trading reports, Jharkhand in news for wrong reasons - Mar 31, 2012
- Jharkhand to seek mining lease details from CBI - Jan 04, 2011
- ED files Rs.170-crore charge sheet against Koda aid - Apr 18, 2011
- Injured Munda, jailed Koda vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Former Jharkhand minister grilled by ED in hospital - Feb 02, 2011
- With hand fractured, Madhu Koda continues protests - Nov 01, 2011