Jharkhand offers Rs.410 crore relief package to farmersJuly 30th, 2012 - 2:11 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 30 (IANS) In view of the looming drought situation in Jharkhand, the state government has announced a Rs.410 crore relief package for farmers, an official said Monday.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda Sunday.
The special package for farmers includes Rs.600 per acre for diesel subsidy and interest free loans, among other measures.
“From the package, Rs.240 crore will be for interest free loans, Rs.150 crore for diesel subsidy and Rs.20 crore for purchase of seeds of maize and other crops for alternative farming,” a government official told IANS Monday.
The decision was taken in the light of deficit rainfall of around 22 percent.
Due to rainfall deficit, the sowing of various crops has slipped to between 25 percent and 35 percent.
In 2011, the state received just 20 percent more rainfall than normal, which resulted in bumper crops of paddy and other food grains.
Jharkhand recorded around 50 million tonnes of food grain production, which was much more than 20 million tonnes in previous years.
- Poor rain hits paddy transplantation in Bihar - Jul 30, 2012
- Fear of drought haunts Bihar again - Jul 03, 2012
- Punjab seeks Rs.2,380 crore package for monsoon failure - Aug 02, 2012
- Deficit rain hits agriculture in Jammu region - Jul 31, 2012
- After drought, bumper paddy crop cheers Bihar farmers - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Punjab deputy commissioners accountable for paddy procurement' - Oct 16, 2010
- Rains brings hope to Bihar farmers - Jul 09, 2012
- Jharkhand sets up 500 paddy procurement centres - Aug 05, 2011
- Bihar procures 16 lakh tonnes of paddy - Mar 16, 2012
- 11 Odisha districts record deficit rain - Jul 31, 2012
- Punjab seeks Rs.5,112 crore package for drought - Aug 10, 2012
- States declare drought, not centre: Pawar - Aug 01, 2012
- Monsoon situation not serious, rain will pick up: Pawar (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Monsoon delayed but situation not worrisome: Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Amid monsoon worry, interest-free loan for Rajasthan farmers - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: 50 million, acre, bumper crops, chief minister, crore, drought situation, farmers, food grain production, food grains, government official, interest free loans, measures, munda, previous years, rainfall deficit, seeds, state government, subsidy, tonnes