Jet to launch Kochi-Doha flights from April 19April 1st, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, April 1 (IANS) India’s leading private airline Jet Airways will launch daily flights between the Qatari capital of Doha and Kochi in Kerala effective April 19. Jet Airways general manager for Qatar K. Prasad told the Gulf Times that the airline has already sought the permission of the Qatar Civil Aviation Authority to introduce special introductory fares.
Jet Airways Flight 9W555 will depart Doha at 1.50 a.m. local time and reach Kochi at 8.50 a.m. IST. The return flight 9W556 will leave Kochi at 10 p.m. IST and reach Doha at 12.20 a.m. local time.
The airline will operate Boeing 737-800 aircraft on the new route with 16 seats in the business class and 124 seats in economy.
A large number of the 200,000 Indians in Qatar hail from Kerala.
In January this year, Jet Airways became the first Indian private carrier to operate in the Gulf sector, launching four daily direct flights from India to Kuwait and Bahrain.
The first flights operated on the Delhi-Kuwait-Delhi, Kochi-Kuwait-Kochi, Kochi-Bahrain-Kochi and Mumbai-Bahrain-Mumbai routes.
The airline added daily flights on the Kozhikode-Muscat-Kozhikode, Kozhikode-Doha-Kozhikode, Kochi-Muscat-Kochi and Mumbai-Doha-Mumbai routes the same month.
- Jet Airways to launch daily Muscat-Mumbai flights - Apr 02, 2008
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009
- Jet to launch Kochi-Sharjah daily flight from Sep 1 - Jul 21, 2009
- Jet Airways begins operation on Kochi-Sharjah route - Sep 01, 2009
- Jet Airways to expand its international network - Apr 03, 2008
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Riyadh flight - Aug 06, 2009
- Jet, Gulf Air to share passengers and services - Apr 01, 2010
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Kuwait direct daily flight March 29 - Mar 05, 2009
- Jet Airways to connect Gulf with Dhaka via Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- Three CPI-M leaders allege ill-treatment at Doha airport - Apr 29, 2012
- Jet Airways to set up hub in Milan, expand network - Apr 03, 2008
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Africa next target for Jet Airways with service to Johannesburg - Feb 16, 2010
Tags: april 1, boeing 737 800, boeing 737 800 aircraft, business class, civil aviation authority, direct flights, dubai, gulf times, hail, indians, introductory fares, jet airways, kozhikode, local time, mumbai, prasad, private airline, private carrier, qatar, return flight