Jet launches Thiruvananthapuram-Muscat daily flightSeptember 15th, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 15 (IANS) Jet Airways Monday launched its daily direct services between Thiruvananthapuram and Muscat, becoming the first private airline in the country to operate flights from all three international airports in Kerala.Addressing reporters here after the departure of the flight, Jet chief commercial officer Sudheer Raghavan said the company was now planning to launch services to Saudi Arabia and the UAE as the Middle East sector brings it significant revenue.
“I am unable to say the precise figures but since we commenced operations to the Middle East nine months ago, the revenues have gone up significantly,” he said.
The Boeing 737-800 aircraft departed Thiruvananthapuram at 8.15 a.m. and arrived in Muscat at 10.30 a.m. The flight has premiere and economy classes, Jet said in a statement.
The one-way fare from here to Muscat would be Rs.6,000.
Currently, the airline operates a daily flight to Doha from Kozhikode, and four daily flights from Kochi to Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat and Doha.
Jet decided to operate on the Thiruvananthapuram-Muscat sector after withdrawing the daily flight from Kozhikode to the Oman capital.
Jet currently operates 150 flights a week from three Kerala airports, as also from Mumbai and Delhi airports to Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
More than two million Keralites are staying abroad, of them close to 90 percent in the Middle East.
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Jet to start daily flights between Kerala, Muscat - Sep 12, 2008
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Kerala diaspora in Middle East asked to shun politicians - Jul 08, 2012
- CPI-M youth activists vandalise Air India's Kozhikode office - Sep 06, 2010
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009
- Hefty increase in air fares ahead of Onam in Kerala - Aug 26, 2011
- Air India cancels flights from Kerala due to crew shortage - Sep 03, 2010
- Kerala seeks chartered flights from Middle East - Jun 19, 2012
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Kuwait direct daily flight March 29 - Mar 05, 2009
- Jet to launch Kochi-Sharjah daily flight from Sep 1 - Jul 21, 2009
- SpiceJet to start daily flights to Dubai - Jun 08, 2012
- Jet Airways to start Hyderabad-Dubai flight Sunday - Aug 13, 2009
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, bahrain, boeing, boeing 737 800, boeing 737 800 aircraft, east sector, international airports, jet airways, keralites, kochi, kozhikode, kuwait, mumbai, nine months, oman capital, precise figures, private airline, saudi arabia, two million, uae