Jet inks $62 mn IT services deal with IBMSeptember 21st, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/Bangalore, Sep 21 (IANS) India’s premier private carrier Jet Airways Tuesday said it has signed a 10-year business transformation and information technology services agreement with global IT major IBM for $62 million.
“We plans to leverage IBM’s domain knowledge of the global airline industry and its technology leadership to meet our business transformation objectives,” said Jet Chief Executive Nikos Kardassis.
As part of the deal, IBM will provide cutting-edge technology solutions to transform the airline’s business areas such as airport operations, direct distribution and frequent flier programmes.
The engagement will help the leading airline improve and integrate its IT systems to deliver a differentiated customer experience and improve its operational efficiency.
“Constant innovation to stay ahead of industry growth has been our operating philosophy since we commenced operations in 1993. The pact will enable Jet to focus on its core business and improve operational efficiencies, besides delivering a seamless customer experience,” Kardassis said.
IBM’s India subsidiary will support Jet with IT Infrastructure and application support services, including employee transition, data centre operations, central helpdesk support, server and storage operations, internet security services through the use of Tivoli suite, network management, SAP and other operating system.
“The agreement with Jet is a significant milestone for us in the aviation industry as it will have access to industry expertise and knowledge, which are essential for sustaining growth and leadership in the competitive global market,” IBM India vice-president Sameer Batra said.
- IMImobile deploys IBM software - Mar 06, 2012
- HCL to provide IT infrastructure to Freescale - Sep 19, 2012
- IBM to manage Bharti Airtel's IT operations in Africa - Sep 17, 2010
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- New Zealand firm to manage Indian enterprises' data with CMC - Feb 11, 2012
- Jet Airways reports rise in number of flyers - Nov 23, 2010
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Jet Airways joins Arab Air Carriers Organisation - May 30, 2011
- Infosys launches new product for call centres - Sep 11, 2012
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- IBM India to offer efficient energy solutions - Mar 12, 2012
- IBM acquires Sterling Commerce from AT&T for $1.4 billion - May 25, 2010
- Jet Airways Q1 net profit at Rs.3.52 crore - Jul 23, 2010
- US firm Ciber unveils global delivery centre in Bangalore - Oct 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,