Jet bags top award for serving best champagne, winesAugust 5th, 2010 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 5 (IANS) The best of champagnes and sparkling wines in the sky among international airlines’ business class are served by India’s private carrier Jet Airways, a competition has revealed.
Jet has been adjudged the Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine category at the Global Traveller’s 6th Annual Wines in the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition, a spokesperson said here Thursday.
The competition was held in New york in which 26 of the world’s top airlines participated in a blind tasting airlines’ white, red and sparkling wines.
The judges included wine specialists, wine retailers and wine makers. They tasted over 115 samples.
Global Traveler is a US-based ABC-audited magazine for business and luxury class travelers, and the only publication which surveys wines on the wings in that country.
In February, Jet Airways was honoured as one of the top participating airlines in the ‘Business Class Sparkling Wine’ category at the annual Cellars in the Sky Awards.
Jet Airways, Jet Airways Konnect, its all-economy, no-frills service, and JetLite have a combined fleet strength of 112 aircraft and operate over 500 flights daily, including services to 23 international destinations.
- Italian designer Roberto Capucci crafts new uniforms for JetLite - Aug 03, 2010
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
- Two special Jet flights to Chandigarh for cricket match - Mar 29, 2011
- Jet Airways to reconfigure 17 aircraft to all-economy seats - Mar 03, 2010
- Jet to start service for business class from April 26 - Apr 22, 2010
- Qantas awarded for 'best cellars in the sky' - Feb 08, 2011
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Jet Airways cancels, reschedules flights to Kolkata - Sep 06, 2010
- Mallya gloats over Kingfisher getting best airline award - Sep 28, 2011
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Kathmandu service - Dec 02, 2009
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Jet Airways registers profit for fourth month - Feb 09, 2010
- Air New Zealand set to launch 'Cuddle class' seat - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: business class, carrier jet, champagne sparkling wine, champagne wines, champagnes, combined fleet, fleet strength, global traveler, global traveller, international airlines, international destinations, jet airways, luxury class, private carrier, sparkling wines, wine category, wine competition, wine makers, wine retailers, wine specialists