Jet Airways to start direct Delhi-Milan flight Dec 5September 23rd, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 23 (IANS) Private carrier Jet Airways will connect New Delhi with Milan, the fashion and design capital of Italy, with daily direct flights from Dec 5, the airline announced here Thursday.
Milan will be Jet’s 24th international destination. The flight would be operated using a state-of-the-art Airbus A-330-200 aircraft.
With Milan located strategically at the heart of central Europe, the service would offer travellers a choice of connectivity to several other Italian cities like Rome, Florence, Venice and Pisa, besides easy access to other European destinations in conjunction with the airline’s partners, said Jet Airways Chief Executive Nikos Kardassis.
Similarly, passengers travelling from Milan to India would have access to Jet’s destinations like Sri Lanka, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Nepal and Bangladesh, and 42 domestic destinations.
The inaugural flight will depart New Delhi’s Terminal 3 at 12.55 p.m., arriving Milan at 6 p.m. the same day. The return flight would depart Milan at 9.25 p.m., arriving in New Delhi at 9.55 a.m the following day.
- Jet adds two international flights, takes daily roster to 100 - Feb 14, 2011
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009
- Jet to fly on Mumbai-Dhaka sector from Wednesday - Dec 22, 2009
- JetBlue fined $90,000 for violating passenger rights - Aug 22, 2012
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Kathmandu service - Dec 02, 2009
- Jet launches Mumbai-Johannesburg daily non-stop flights - Apr 14, 2010
- Jet Airways in arrangement with European high-speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- Africa next target for Jet Airways with service to Johannesburg - Feb 16, 2010
- Jet Airways reports Rs.713.60 crore Q2 net loss - Nov 11, 2011
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Jet Airways joins Arab Air Carriers Organisation - May 30, 2011
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: airbus a 330, capital of italy, carrier jet, central europe, direct flights, domestic destinations, european destinations, inaugural flight, international destination, italian cities, jet airways, milan, New Delhi, nikos, pisa, private carrier, return flight, rome florence venice, singapore hong kong, terminal 3