Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Kuwait direct daily flight March 29March 5th, 2009 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) India’s leading private air carrier Jet Airways Thursday announced that it will launch direct daily flights from Mumbai to Kuwait from March 29.
This will be the airline’s second daily service to Kuwait from India. At present, Jet is operating daily flights from Kochi to Kuwait.
The airline is also operating daily flights to Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the Middle East.
Jet chief executive Wolfgang Prock-Schauer said the airline had established itself as a formidable brand in the intensely competitive India-Gulf sector in a relatively short period of time.
“We are confident that the new Mumbai-Kuwait service will prove similarly popular with passengers. We will operate the new flight aboard a state-of-the-art Boeing 737-800 aircraft,” he said a statement.
The flight will depart Mumbai at 7.00 p.m. and reach Kuwait at 8.30 p.m. local time. On return, the flight will depart Kuwait at 9.30 p.m. and arrive in Mumbai at 4.00 a.m.
According to government figures, there are about 4.82 million Indians living in the Gulf countries, with Kuwait housing 550,000 of them.
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Jet Airways to connect Gulf with Dhaka via Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Riyadh flight Aug 6 - Jul 29, 2009
- Jet adds two international flights, takes daily roster to 100 - Feb 14, 2011
- British Midland International airline starts London-Amritsar service - Oct 14, 2011
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Jet Airways secures restraint order from Bombay High Court against pilots' strike - Sep 08, 2009
- Jet Airways announces Muscat-Thiruvananthapuram daily flights - Sep 03, 2008
- Jet Airways sacks three pilot, calls strike illegal - Sep 08, 2009
- SpiceJet to start daily flights to Dubai - Jun 08, 2012
- Jet Airways to increase low-cost operations - Aug 20, 2009
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Riyadh flight - Aug 06, 2009
- Jet Airways plans new service to Riyadh, Bangkok - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, air carrier, boeing 737 800, boeing 737 800 aircraft, carrier jet, chief executive, doha, dubai, government figures, gulf countries, indians, jet airways, kochi, kuwait, mumbai, private air, prock, schauer, short period, wolfgang