Jet Airways to launch low-fare Jet KonnectMay 7th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) Leading private carrier Jet Airways will launch a new economy service, ‘Jet Airways Konnect’, from Friday on select sectors, the airline announced Thursday.
The company said in a regulatory statement that Jet Konnect would offer almost all services of the parent carrier and would help the airline cater to the needs of the consumers opting for low-fare services.
“The only difference will be that Jet Konnect travellers will have to buy their meals on-board,” the company said. Both Jet Airways and its low-cost carrier JetLite now offer food to their travellers on-board.
The ground and in-flight services of Jet Konnect will be handled by the airline employees, the statement said.
Initially, it will operate with two 737 and six ATR aircraft in sectors like Chennai-Coimbatore, Chennai-Madurai, Chennai-Kochi, Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Mumbai-Bhopal, Mumbai-Udaipur, Bangalore-Pune and Bangalore-Mangalore.
“Consumer demands are changing rapidly in a dynamic global environment. We believe Jet Airways Konnect service will give us the flexibility and speed to deploy capacity to meet these changing trends,” Jet Airways chief commercial officer Sudheer Raghavan said.
The company late last month had slashed salaries of its senior employees as part of its cost-cutting measures to cope with the slowdown.
Jet Airways’ market share in the first quarter of 2009 stood at 25.3 percent, while Kingfisher Airlines was ahead of it with 27.2 percent.
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
- Jetlite to start new flights from Ahmedabad - Nov 07, 2011
- Italian designer Roberto Capucci crafts new uniforms for JetLite - Aug 03, 2010
- Jet to start service for business class from April 26 - Apr 22, 2010
- Jet Airways to increase low-cost operations - Aug 20, 2009
- Jet bags top award for serving best champagne, wines - Aug 05, 2010
- Jet Airways plans new service to Riyadh, Bangkok - Nov 08, 2011
- Jet Airways Q1 net profit at Rs.3.52 crore - Jul 23, 2010
- 150 Jet Airways flights cancelled as strike continues - Sep 11, 2009
- Two special Jet flights to Chandigarh for cricket match - Mar 29, 2011
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Air India owes Rs.2,310 crore to oil firms - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, airline employees, carrier jet, coimbatore, consumer demands, dynamic global environment, economy service, flight services, jet airways, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, low cost carrier, low fare, market share, New Delhi, new economy, private carrier, pune, slowdown, travellers