Jet Airways to expand its international networkApril 3rd, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Jet Airways is working on an aggressive expansion plan for its international operations. The leading private airline of India will start its daily direct flights from Mumbai to Hong Kong from April 14 and Mumbai to San Francisco from May 5. “Hong Kong is the gateway to south China,” said Jet Airways chairman Naresh Goyal here, Thursday.
According to him, Jet has 33 percent market share on its UK sectors. “Our Premiere class has almost 70 percent foreigners,” he said.
Goyal also hopes to carry a lot of Chinese passengers from Shanghai. “We are also planning to have Chinese in-flight entertainment and studying various aspects of Chinese culture which can be introduced on our flights,” he told IANS.
Besides this, Jet will also enhance its services to the Gulf, with the introduction of daily direct flights on Mumbai-Muscat and Kochi-Doha sectors from April 18 and April 21 respectively.
On this route, Jet will deploy Boeing 777-800 in two-class configuration.
From April 23, the airline will launch daily direct flights to Abu Dhabi from Mumbai and Delhi. “The launch of Jet Airways operations to Abu Dhabi is important boost for us, as it is our first foray in the United Arab Emirates,” Goyal said.
The airliner is already operating daily direct flights on the Kochi-Kuwait-Kochi, Kochi-Bahrain-Kochi, Mumbai-Bahrain-Mumbai and Delhi-Kuwait-Delhi routes.
- Jet Airways to set up hub in Milan, expand network - Apr 03, 2008
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- Jet to launch Kochi-Doha flights from April 19 - Apr 01, 2008
- Jet Airways begins operation on Kochi-Sharjah route - Sep 01, 2009
- Africa next target for Jet Airways with service to Johannesburg - Feb 16, 2010
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009
- Jet to launch Kochi-Sharjah daily flight from Sep 1 - Jul 21, 2009
- Jet, Gulf Air to share passengers and services - Apr 01, 2010
- Jet Airways to launch daily Muscat-Mumbai flights - Apr 02, 2008
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Riyadh flight - Aug 06, 2009
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, aggressive expansion, airliner, boeing 777, chinese culture, chinese passengers, class configuration, direct flights, expansion plan, flight entertainment, foray, international operations, jet airways, launch, naresh goyal, premiere class, private airline, south china, uk sectors, united arab emirates