Jet airways to celebrate Onam on Kerala bound flightsSeptember 11th, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by ANI
By Juhan Samuel
Kochi (Kerala), Sept 11 (ANI): Jet Airways will celebrate Onam, the popular harvest festival of Kerala on flights, by serving specially prepared Onam Sadya for all its domestic and international passengers travelling on flights out of Kochi and Kozhikode on September 12.
Passengers will be treated to delectable Onam meals such as Kalan (raw banana cubes cooked with curd, coconut paste tempered with curry leaves and south Indian spices), Erussery (raw banana and yam cooked with coconut corrainder paste and pulses), and Ela Ada (rice flour cake spread on banana leaf steamed with banana, jaggery and grated coconut stuffing).
The lunch and dinner menu on that day will include the popular welcome drink Sambharam (butter milk). Breakfast and snack meals will also have the Onam flavour.
To lend authenticity and to create a festive spirit, the meals will be served on trays lined with banana leaf. Special Onam greeting cards from Jet Airways will also be placed on these trays.
As a customer service oriented airline, Jet Airways offers their customers several such passenger delight initiatives on special and festive occasions.
With an average fleet age of 4.45 years, the airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleet in the world. Jet Airways operates over 395 flights daily. (ANI)
- It's Onam , but few homes will do the full 26-dish sadhya - Aug 24, 2012
- Jet Airways to serve Onam cuisine on flights - Sep 11, 2008
- Festivities peak on Thiru Onam - Aug 29, 2012
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Prayers, flowers and feasts - Kerala celebrates Onam - Aug 23, 2010
- Onam spread of spicy dishes goes online - Aug 20, 2010
- Hefty increase in air fares ahead of Onam in Kerala - Aug 26, 2011
- Rain, spiralling prices may mar Onam revelry - Sep 05, 2011
- Kerala immersed in Onam festivities - Sep 09, 2011
- Kerala gets ready for Onam - Aug 18, 2012
- Feasting, fervour mark Onam in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- SpiceJet links Thiruvananthapuram to Hyderabad, Chennai - Oct 07, 2011
- Kerala food delights to feature on US TV show (With Images) - Aug 29, 2010
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Tiger Airways Hyderabad-Singapore flight from September - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: 45 years, aircraft fleet, banana leaf, butter milk, curd, curry leaves, dinner menu, festive occasions, festive spirit, grated coconut, harvest festival, indian spices, international passengers, jaggery, jet airways, kochi kerala, kozhikode, onam, rice flour, welcome drink