Jet Airways starts inquiry into cigarette smuggling by staffDecember 27th, 2010 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 27 (IANS) Leading private airline Jet Airways Monday said it had initiated an investigation into the role of four of its cabin crew members who were allegedly caught smuggling cigarettes into Britain.The incident occurred Sunday, when four crew members belonging to a Delhi-London flight were allegedly caught.
“As regards the said incident, a full-fledged investigation has ensued, based on specific inputs from concerned departments and agencies,” the company said in a statement.
However, the airline did not confirm that the incident took place, but said that disciplinary action will be taken if the employee code of conduct is violated.
“At Jet Airways, we have a strict employee code of conduct, which is based on the values and ethos of the airline. Any violation of this policy will lead to severe disciplinary action,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, a source in the company confirmed that the reports were true and the crew was detained by British customs officials for a day before being released.
- Jet hauled up for 'serious lapses', 10 staffers suspended - Aug 28, 2010
- Jet Airways pilot and crew members suspended following incident in Mumbai - Aug 28, 2010
- Virgin Blue sacks 20 employees for viewing pornography - Jun 03, 2010
- Italian designer Roberto Capucci crafts new uniforms for JetLite - Aug 03, 2010
- Etihad Airways launches recruitment drive in Oman - Apr 16, 2012
- IndiGo defends itself, says passenger safety paramount (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- CBI gets court nod to conduct searches in Jagan case - Aug 17, 2011
- AI employees suffer as strike continues for 19th day (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- IndiGo becomes third largest domestic airline - Jan 18, 2011
- Mumbai High court declines to stay Air India staff strike - May 26, 2010
- IndiGo says passenger safety its mission - Jan 09, 2012
- Air India deploys new roaster system to cut manipulations - Jun 02, 2012
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- India-Europe flights unaffected as of now - May 25, 2011
- Jet Airways to suspend Mumbai-Johannesburg operations - May 07, 2012
Tags: british customs, cabin crew members, cigarette smuggling, code of conduct, customs officials, disciplinary action, employee code of conduct, jet airways, london, private airline, smuggling cigarettes