Jet Airways offers low return fares to LondonMay 6th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 6 (IANS) Leading private carrier Jet Airways Wednesday announced special return fares between Indian cities and London which would allow travellers to save around Rs.20,000 on their return economy class bookings.
The return economy ticket, which normally costs over Rs.50,000, would now be available at Rs.30,000 under the new scheme, while the premier and first class tickets would cost around Rs.125,000 and Rs.200,000 respectively.
“This scheme comes into effect from today (Wednesday). We expect at least 10 percent increase in the load factor in this sector. We are trying to encash on the holiday season,” a Jet spokesperson said.
The special fares would be effective till June 30, but bookings would have to be made in May, the airline said.
While Mumbai and Delhi would be the gateway for passengers to board flights for London, they can reach here from 17 other Indian cities, including Hyderabad, Bengalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
“The cost of the fare would be the same for passengers boarding from these 17 cities to reach New Delhi or Mumbai to board our international flight to London. The same would be when they return from London,” said the official.
At present, Jet Airways operates two daily direct flights to London from Mumbai, and one from Delhi.
“Jet Airways’ services to London are among its most popular. With the impending holiday season, we are confident of a further surge in passenger figures on the India-London sector with the introduction of these new special fares,” Jet chief executive Wolfgang Prock-Schauer said.
- British Midland International airline starts London-Amritsar service - Oct 14, 2011
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- IndiGo readies to fly to Kathmandu - Jun 17, 2011
- Jet Airways to increase low-cost operations - Aug 20, 2009
- SpiceJet to offer Rs.777 fare on its routes - May 22, 2012
- Jet Airways to connect Gulf with Dhaka via Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- Jet to operate all flights to London despite strike - Nov 29, 2011
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
- Jet Airways ties up with Brussels Airlines - Apr 17, 2009
- Air India announces sops for international travellers - Jan 28, 2011
- Jet Airways secures restraint order from Bombay High Court against pilots' strike - Sep 08, 2009
- Air India extends promotional airfare scheme till May 19 (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Riyadh flight Aug 6 - Jul 29, 2009
- Day 21, Rs.300 crore losses - Air India crisis continues - May 28, 2012
- Jet Airways chief executive resigns - Oct 08, 2009
Tags: carrier jet, direct flights, economy class, first class tickets, flights to london, impending holiday season, indian cities, international flight, jet airways, kolkata, mumbai, New Delhi, private carrier, prock, return fares, rs 125, rs 200, rs 50, schauer, spokesperson