Jet Airways launches Bangalore-Brussels flight (Lead, changing dateline)November 1st, 2008 - 1:06 am ICT by IANS
Brussels, Oct 31 (IANS) India’s biggest private airline Jet Airways started operating direct flights between Brussels and Bangalore from Friday.Jet Airways already has daily flights between Brussels and Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai, reports EuAsiaNews.
With this new destination, Jet Airways is extending its current schedule of direct flights between India and its European hub at Brussels airport.
From Friday, Jet Airways will be flying four days of the week (i.e. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday) between Brussels and Bangalore, said the airline in a press release here Friday.
From Dec 15 to Jan 14, 2009, the carrier will serve Bangalore by daily direct flights.
From Jan 16, 2009, onwards these flights will be reduced once again to four a week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday).
The new flight gives passengers arriving at Brussels airport the opportunity of a smooth transfer to other Jet Airways flights to the United States (New York JFK and Newark) and Toronto in Canada, noted the press release.
This, the airline said, is being done to meet increased Europe-bound traffic during the holiday season.
The airline recently announced scrapping its service on the Mumbai-Shanghai-San Francisco sector from Jan 13, seven months after it was launched. Instead, it will service the San Francisco-bound traffic through its London gateway in association with partner airlines.
Jet runs flights to 64 destinations in India and overseas, including New York, Toronto, Brussels, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok and Kathmandu.
- Jet extends Bangalore-Brussels service to US, Canada - Oct 31, 2008
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- Tiger Airways Hyderabad-Singapore flight from September - Jul 02, 2012
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Air India flies out stranded British Airways passengers - May 26, 2012
- Jet Airways ties up with Brussels Airlines - Apr 17, 2009
- Heathrow airport may open to flights for a while Tuesday - Apr 20, 2010
- Despite strike, Air India passenger traffic grows - Jul 01, 2012
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Kenya Airways launches Nairobi-Delhi flight - May 16, 2012
- India-Europe flights unaffected as of now - May 25, 2011
- Air Canada ties up with Jet to protect its India traffic - Feb 08, 2011
- Jet Airways in arrangement with European high-speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- Air India suspends Sunday flights to US, Europe (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012