Jet Airways hikes fuel surchargeJune 2nd, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 2 (IANS) Taking its cue from the state-owned Air India, the country’s largest private carrier Jet Airways has hiked fuel surcharge by Rs.300-Rs.550, effective from Tuesday. The surcharge for travel distance up to 750 km (short-haul) would go up by Rs.300, while for the travel beyond 750 km, it would be Rs.550.
Now a passenger travelling with Jet would be charged Rs.2,250 as fuel surcharge for short-haul routes and for beyond 750 km, it would be Rs.2,900, said a company spokesperson.
According to figures obtained from Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), aviation turbine fuel (ATF) in Mumbai now costs Rs.71,759.06 per kilolitre, up from Rs.60,468.28. In New Delhi, it costs Rs.69,227.08 against Rs.58,387.92 earlier.
With spiralling global oil prices, the airlines have hiked fuel surcharge five times in the past five months, passing on the additional burden to the passenger.
In May, the fuel surcharge on short-haul flights went up to Rs.1,950 and and that on long-haul flights rose to Rs.2,350, as the oil firms increased ATF prices.
- Airlines hike fuel surcharge (Lead) - Jun 02, 2008
- SpiceJet hikes fares after aviation fuel price hike - Jun 04, 2008
- Air fuel price hiked 19 percent, airfares may rise - May 31, 2008
- Air India, SpiceJet hike airfares - Jun 19, 2008
- Jet, Kingfisher increase fares by Rs.400 (Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- Jet fuel price hiked by 4.5 percent - Aug 01, 2012
- Jet, Kingfisher domestic fares up Rs.200 - Nov 06, 2009
- Airfare to rise along with fuel price, says Praful Patel - Jan 18, 2011
- Hike in jet fuel price to jack up air fares: Patel - Jan 17, 2011
- Jet Airways cuts fuel surcharge - Dec 06, 2008
- Air India cuts fares on all domestic routes - Dec 01, 2008
- Aviation fuel prices raised - Apr 15, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines cuts fuel surcharge - Dec 06, 2008
- Jet fuel price cut by Rs.1,974 a kilolitre - Jan 31, 2012
- Jet Airways hikes domestic fares by Rs.400 - Jun 17, 2009
Tags: air india, atf, carrier jet, company spokesperson, five months, fuel surcharge, global oil prices, indian oil, indian oil corporation, ioc, jet airways, long haul flights, mumbai, New Delhi, oil firms, private carrier, rs 1, short haul, travel distance, turbine fuel